Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: M&P9C Opinions

Site Supporter
    I have owned a M&Pc 9mm for a year now. The gun carries well in my CCC Shaggy, but for me it does not offer any advantages over a Glock 19. With the flat magazine base plate used, the M&Pc truly disappears with the Shaggy. When I use the standard magazine with the finger groove, the M&P is slightly smaller than my G19, therefore not offering any huge advantage.

Two weeks ago, I ran a side by side comparison between my G19 and the M&Pc. I wanted to see how my performance was different between the two.

The G19 won the contest, although I cannot find the actual numbers to share (My notes are scattered from a move). The drills run on that day were 3-2-1, D2, Bill Drill, and the F.A.S.T.

The G19 had a slight edge on the M&P in speed, and I shot with more accuracy with the G19. I had lots of misses with the M&Pc during the 3-2-1 drill. I tried pushing the M&P as fast as I could to keep up with the G19, and that is what lead to the misses during the 3-2-1. My accuracy improved once I slowed down with the M&P.

The factory trigger broke in nicely on the M&Pc. It is a touch heavier than my factory Glocks. If I were to guess the weight, I would say around 6-6.5 LBS. The gun was built in October 2012.

That is my take on my M&Pc. Good luck!

I've had a M&P9c since shortly after they were first introduced.

I have no issues with the accuracy of mine. My gun has an OEM barrel and an Apex hard sear.

It's just a bit too big for me to use as a BUG while on duty. Just too thick. It doesn't work as a pocket gun, at least not in my pockets.

I've carried mine off-duty for the last two years. I replaced an older Glock 19 I'd carried for several years. I shoot both about the same. But my issued duty pistol is a M&P9 fs. And for several reasons, I decided to stick with the same type of gun off duty as when I'm at work.

"And for several reasons, I decided to stick with the same type of gun off duty as when I'm at work."
    Wise decision...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    Dude, we've already established that "feel" doesn't mean anything; http://pistol-training.com/archives/5108
    I hate the gun! Is that better?

Quote Originally Posted by jkurtz7 View Post
    I hate the gun! Is that better?
    Not if you hate it because of "feel"

I had an M&P 9c until I gave it to my wife darn it! I was dead on accurate with it and qualified with a perfect score on my CHL shooting test. It was a little hard to conceal but the accuracy more than made up for it. It fits my hand like it was molded for it. While she was gone I took it out and shot it and I miss it for sure now...LOL. My wife uses it as her night stand pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    Not if you hate it because of "feel"
    I have smallish hands, and the trigger reach is not optimal for me on Glocks, whereas M&P's, Sigma's (yuck), XD, and my beloved Beretta Vertec don't have that issue.

I've never shot Glocks well, and should have known better than to buy the G26 after having two other Glocks in the past that just never worked out for me. I had finally gotten my CCW permit this year, needed a compact 9mm to carry, so I bought the 26 in late January during the panic. Yeah I admit, it was sort of a panic buy, because it was available at the time (gun shop shelves were empty unless you wanted a 1911 or full size revolver), and the price was right.
    It was a purchase based solely on emotion at the time, which almost never works out for me in the long run.

User Tag List