Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Incorporating physical stress into drills/practice?

Back in the early days of Second Chance, they had the Banzai Charge Bang and Clang. Richard Davis had a vivid imagination.

You were being attacked by Soviet tanks and had to shoot them with a shotgun with slugs. Tanks were knockdown steel shillouettes. Before you shot them, you had two minutes to run out to 100 yards or so and set them all up. Your actual shooting time started after the two minutes whether you were back or not.

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    What about introducing bright lights, stobing lights, loud sounds, peripheral movement, etc? I am not suggesting it could in any way simulate a real gunfight, but does it help develop the focus and mindset?
    CC
    Yes. I've been in training environments that had all of that type stuff. Strobes, smoke, flashbangs and a stereo blasting people screaming, unarmed people running around screaming waving their arms and acting crazy, lol it makes for some interesting FoF in a shoothouse.

I think any distraction is a good thing, just as long as it doesn't develop into a safety concern. Having someone run, jump, crawl and then shoot is just a fast easy way to stimulate a distraction. $.02

User Tag List