Thread: Nigerian college students slaughtered in their sleep...

Nigerian college students slaughtered in their sleep...

http://feedly.com/k/16VlfUA

"Suspected Islamist gunmen have attacked a college in north-eastern Nigeria, killing up to 50 students.

The students were shot dead as they slept in their dormitory at the College of Agriculture in Yobe state.

North-eastern Nigeria is under a state of emergency amid an Islamist insurgency by the Boko Haram group.

Boko Haram is fighting to overthrow Nigeria's government to create an Islamic state, and has launched a number of attacks on schools."

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

You know, a few months ago I did not take ccw"ing seriously.

I am much more serious about it now. And I am reconsidering my handgun choice. Doesn't mean anything will change, but I'm seriously reconsidering and evaluating everything including spare mags.

Granted, most of this is going on overseas, but I don't expect that to last long.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

While most LE agencies take the threat of a school shooting seriously, I get the impression that it's more preparation directed to a single gunman as we've seen in VT. To make matters worse, most colleges are run by academics with minus zero concept of site security.

Take my college, for example.Keycards are used for newer buildings,while older structures are secured with keys.Students routinely open doors for whoever's behind them without waiting to see if they actually have credentials to get in,and employees along with students regularly prop open locked doors for smoke breaks .To make matters worse, the road system is intentionally designed to be car unfriendly (yay progressivism!),so any LEOs responding to an attack have to drive around convoluted routes or hoof it 10+ minutes to the affected building.

Did I mention the PD is located on the southern fringe of the college?

In short, if a determined team hits a college campus everyone's day will be ruined.

I have the prospect of a work trip to Nigeria in my future next year...I'm not looking forward to it and hoping for a way around it.

User Tag List