Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New IDPA Rulebook being released today

New IDPA Rulebook being released today

Hopefully in the next couple of hours.

A quick preview of some change confirmed (or not happening) with an interview with Joyce Wilson:
    http://www.balloongoesup.com/b...pda_rulebook_change/
    Confirmed IDPA Rule Book Changes

• An increased flexibility for local clubs to hold specialty matches (like the Backup Gun Nationals) for specific guns or people.
    • Authorization for a .22lr class for local matches to reduce the cost of participation and make it even more new shooter friendly.
    • SSP has been redefined to be for striker fired guns
    • Changes to the rule using muzzle safe points
    • Development of a code of conduct
    • Changes to the clothing rules (vest, kneepads…)
    • Changes to the classifier
    • Allowance for shooters to move backwards in classification
    • Annual review of the rule book

Confirmed No’s

In addition to the confirmed changes there were a few confirmed “No’s” that I believe will be of interest to many members.

• CDP will remain 45acp only.
    • There will be no power factor changes for ESR or SSR
    • Appendix carry is still forbidden
    • Slide mounted optics are still a no… for now
    She also said that she wanted clubs to allow outlaw shooters (slide mounted optics and other non-standard equipment) to shoot for unofficial score.

And posted here:
    http://members.idpa.com/Rules/Home

You have to log in to view it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    You have to log in to view it.
    Just use this link, no login required:
    http://members.idpa.com/Content/Rules/mywujz25.qyt.pdf

I read through it briefly, honestly the changes are pretty minor so far, but I don't have time to get into the details.

One annoyance, now there are muzzle safe points and the 180 rule. I think it should be one or the other.

Second annoyance, they changed SSP rules, stippling still not allowed, nor is the Grip Force adapter, but stock grip tangs (like the ones Glock released) would be allowed. Which is funny because the other change was allowing after market slide stops, and magazine releases as long as they are similar to the factory one. I think they need to add the grip tangs to that rule, Grip Force adapters provide no competitive advantage over a Glock factory one.

Well I am about to drive home, hopefully some other people can read through and provide their insights. I am wondering about round dumping.

Site Supporter
    Still no lasers.

Lasers that are incorporated into the firearm or sights are legal if they comply with all other division
    rules and the laser is covered with tape so that it can't project.

Site Supporter
    It looks like the bar was raised for a SSP Master classification, it's now at 91 or less, not 98.xx.

Site Supporter
    We do not specify that stages be CDP-neutral or ESP or
    SSP Neutral. If any firearm runs dry in the open, reloads can
    now be initiated in the open to simulate a real-life scenario.

Revolvers compete only against other revolvers, so it is not
    a tactical disadvantage to eliminate this rule.

Still kind of funny how a defensive pistol has changed to quite often include a light and or laser yet both are still not allowed. I get the idea but it is ironic that they force competitors to have carry gear and competition gear, there very thing they seem to be against. Did I miss "competition clothing" or gear?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    It looks like the bar was raised for a SSP Master classification, it's now at 91 or less, not 98.xx.
    I have been sitting at 102 on the classifier fora while. I guess I had better find a way to shave four seconds before October 1.

We are diminished
    I cannot find any reference whatsoever to round dumping. Anyone? If they did away with that, the game just got a lot better.

The reload/cover rule still makes very little sense but I suppose it's better than the previous rule. Now you can start your reload out in the open, but if you're out in the open with a reloaded gun you aren't allowed to shoot at threats until you make it to cover. So silly.

Tactical sequence is still in the rules... hate.

No aiwb means I probably won't shoot IDPA, but that certainly wasn't a surprise ruling. We do have three weeks to comment. I wonder if we could generate enough groundswell support to get them to reconsider.

Allowing "outlaw" gear at local matches not-for-score really surprises me. IDPA did that in the early days and then got away with it specifically because people would show up to major events and act surprised that their gear was disallowed. I do think it's a good idea (and one we incorporated into KSTG), it's just interesting to see IDPA reverse itself.

User Tag List