Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: 9 mm: Glock vs M&P

Correct. When a handgun falls off the list, that type can no longer be sold as a new gun in CA or imported into CA, however they may be available used as long as they are already within the state.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

I may have missed it Doc. Will you be restricted to one carry gun?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Nope. But I will choose to only carry one type.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Correct. When a handgun falls off the list, that type can no longer be sold as a new gun in CA or imported into CA, however they may be available used as long as they are already within the state.
    Can a gun that is not on the list be brought into the state, say if someone moves there, if that person already possessed that firearm, and it is otherwise legal there?

Another complication; if a CA resident owns a pistol that falls off the roster -or moves into the state with one - and it breaks in a way requiring a new serialized frame, the manufacturer will be unable to return the gun to the owner.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    Can a gun that is not on the list be brought into the state, say if someone moves there, if that person already possessed that firearm, and it is otherwise legal there?
    The roster generally only applies to guns that are allowed to be transferred from an FFL's book (sales from their inventory, interstate sales) to a non exempt person. LEO are exempt. PPT and bringing pistols with you when you move into the state are not subject to the roster. But mag limits and AW laws must be followed.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    Yes
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Nope. But I will choose to only carry one type.
    I went back through and reviewed your comments in this thread. It's a tough decision Doc. To me, it seems like M&P is the best choice. You are already comfortable with them and it sounds like you shoot them at speed very well. They have known accuracy issues that can be identified and either fixed or removed from the pool. It sounds to me like they are reliable with the restricted magazines. Much more so than the Glocks. As much as I like Glocks, I would much rather have an M&P with known reliability and marginal accuracy over and Glock with the opposite attributes.

If it wasn't for the cost of ammo and bodily wear and tear the M&P 45 or 45c would seem like an ideal solution also. I'm not sure the accuracy gains would justify the negatives of expense, weight, recoil, and slower times, though.

User Tag List