Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: 9 mm: Glock vs M&P

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    I'd love to go with an Apex and will do so as soon as they start accepting work again. M&P9's are frustratingly inconsistent--just when we thought they were squared away, we saw additional accuracy variations.
    Just as a data point, I'm three for three on using readily available semi drop-in Apex barrels to fix inconsistent M&P9s. My sample size is obviously quite small, but I also haven't heard of anyone fitting an SDI barrel and still having accuracy problems. I looked for evidence here, brian enos forum, smith-wesson forum, and mp-pistol forum before going down this road. What few reports are out there are overwhelmingly positive.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    G26 cannot take a x300U or similar light....
    Do you really need one as a civilian ccw holder?

If you're carrying a u-boat, might as well chop a 34 for G26 mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    Do you really need one as a civilian ccw holder?

If you're carrying a u-boat, might as well chop a 34 for G26 mags.
    He's running RMRs on his G19s. A G34 isn't going to do him any good in that situation. Chopping the G19 is a viable alternative.

Vending Machine Operator
    I guess the problem with the M&P9 is that it missed a window. With Walther, HK, and Sig 9mm striker options available and (to varying degrees) vetted, the Glock Gen 4 issues stabilized at least, if not yet fixed, and a Beretta option on the way, is there even a reason to fuss with it anymore at this point?

Edit: Right, I'm dumb, CA approval list. Outside of occupied territory, though, it's just not a horse I think is worth riding anymore.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 10-18-2016 at 02:41 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I think that your best option is for a semi fitted barrel for your M&P9's. I've watched a couple get fitted and it wasn't all that involved of a process. Nothing like fitting a barrel to a 1911. Your M&P9c's should be good to go as is.

I know that you still have your practice in California and your family is established there. So I won't give you the obvious advice, which would be to move to another state.

If you live in CA and want a reliable ten round Glock 9mm that is not using G26 magazines, or an out of the box accurate M&P 9 FS, seems like you are screwed. Fortunately there are many great alternatives today.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    If limited to 10 rounds, what's the thought on a 9mm Commander?

I have very reliable and vetted 1911's--authorized, issued, or carried a 1911 from 1986-2010, but don't wish to rely on them anymore for a variety of reasons.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Doc have you considered buying 3 or 4 vp9s?

HK 10 rounders seem to be just as reliable as the standard capacity mags.

Mark at L&M could install some RMRs. People seem to like the rmr on vp9s

Unfortunately, it's California, so that is not happening...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List