Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: 9 mm: Glock vs M&P

9 mm: Glock vs M&P

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    I just completed my M&P Armorer re-certification today.

The continued improvements made by S&W to enhance the function, durability, and serviceability of the M&P are quite impressive.

S&W West Coast LE Rep David Bowler does a good job teaching the system and is quite willing to address all facets of the M&P, including honestly discussing issues that have caused problems and how they have been handled.
    All while Gaston's chilling in a hot tub with a martini and a woman young enough to be his granddaughter... Gotta love it! NotHing beats Glock simplicity.

I just completed my M&P Armorer re-certification today.

The continued improvements made by S&W to enhance the function, durability, and serviceability of the M&P are quite impressive.

S&W West Coast LE Rep David Bowler does a good job teaching the system and is quite willing to address all facets of the M&P, including honestly discussing issues that have caused problems and how they have been handled.
    Agreed! I had my recert a couple weeks ago and our new rep Dan Keuhn discussed the same things.

Site Supporter
    Anything in the accuracy department?

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    This is all that really matters. I am not sure the guns have ever become useful yet.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Is there a MP9 model # we should be on the look out for?

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post

I asked that specific question. The reply was that they had changed the locking block and the twist rate in the 9mm. Nothing that had not already been said here. It's obvious to me that during the past 4 years they have been listening to the end users because the products are continually being improved from the previous models.

The slide stop/release has been beefed up. There is a new harder coating being applied to the 9,40,357 Sig and those same models have the new sear housings and trigger bars to allow for a more tactile feel. IIRC, the new finish is currently only available on LE models. The 45 has not got it yet but it should be in early 2015. The .mil contracts were mentioned but nothing that hasn't already been mentioned on PF.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasage View Post
    Is there a MP9 model # we should be on the look out for?
    The models we handled in class had the new slide stop/releases as well as the new finish. Look for a reinforced slide stop on the newer models. It will be very noticeable in comparison to the older models.
    Last edited by KeeFus; 12-10-2014 at 07:47 AM.

So as we approach 2014, I need to standardize on what pistol I am going to carry for the next decade or so--(older, well proven) 3rd gen G19's or mix of M&P9/9c. I'd love to hear your thoughts.[/QUOTE]

If the M&P feels better for you I'd Apex the crap out of that thing, throw in a KKM and see what it can do.

Continually improving and "there, it's fixed" are very different things.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    So as we approach 2014, I need to standardize on what pistol I am going to carry for the next decade or so--(older, well proven) 3rd gen G19's or mix of M&P9/9c. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

2015, Gen 4 Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    2015, Gen 4 Glocks.
    I agree with this--for 9 mm. For .40, I'd go with the M&P over the 22/23 any day.

User Tag List