Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: 9 mm: Glock vs M&P

Quote Originally Posted by TORCH2J View Post
    LOL, Must be because of everyone training up at 5th RTB, not to mention Rogers.
    The senior military college there where both sons attended (one grad and one dropout to 11B ) had a lot to do with it.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    The senior military college there where both sons attended (one grad and one dropout to 11B ) had a lot to do with it.
    That's a good school. One of my buds is a graduate and is now a BN CDR after being an enlisted swine (JK).

For what ever reason I like the feel of a Gen 3 19 over the Gen 4. It doesn't matter what blackstrap I put on the Gen 4 either. I'm an odd ball though. Should also be noted I own a Gen 4 now and not a Gen 3.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

has there been any fix yet for the m&p 9mm accuracy yet?

It has been my experience that the average accuracy of gen 3 G19 and M&P9fs are about the same (90-95) at 25 yds on an NRA B8 slow fire right out of the box. However, it is easier to get Glock to shoot better (98-100); some M&P9's resist efforts to enhance their accuracy...

I have quite a few 3rd gen G19's that will shoot 100-8x (I am striving to get 100-10x) usually with a match barrel (got a 100-6x with an OEM barrel in one G19); I've never done better than 97-5x with an M&P9 full size (usually anything over 95 with an M&P9 has been with a match barrel), although I have run 99-5x with two M&P9c's using OEM barrels.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

OK, I had a rare day off today, so I went down to the range to get some practice prior to qual's next month. I had two pistols with drop-in, non-fitted stainless steel barrels with me. For kicks and to add info for this thread, I shot an M&P9 full-size with a Compass Lake barrel and a 3rd Gen G19 with KKM barrel back-to-back at 25 yds freestyle slow fire using the same Federal 147 gr FMJ (AE9FP) ammo. Both guns shot essentially the same, as illustrated below:

Note that the low left shot in the 9 ring at 7 o'clock with the G19 was the first shot--I knew I pulled it low left right as the shot broke, so it is possible that the G19 could have shot a 99 if I had not blown that first trigger pull...

Think I might give you the 4th X....

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    OK, I had a rare day off today, so I went down to the range to get some practice prior to qual's next month. I had two pistols with drop-in, non-fitted stainless steel barrels with me. For kicks and to add info for this thread, I shot an M&P9 full-size with a Compass Lake barrel and a 3rd Gen G19 with KKM barrel back-to-back at 25 yds freestyle slow fire using the same Federal 147 gr FMJ (AE9FP) ammo. Both guns shot essentially the same, as illustrated below:

Note that the low left shot in the 9 ring at 7 o'clock with the G19 was the first shot--I knew I pulled it low left right as the shot broke, so it is possible that the G19 could have shot a 99 if I had not blown that first trigger pull...

It was close, but I did not want to be greedy....

Generally I shoot ever so slightly better (typically 2-3 points) with a match barrel Glock over an M&P9, but not enough to make a huge difference.

I prefer the ergonomics and manual safety of the full size M&P9 over a G17/G19--especially for duty use. I like the size and versatility of the G19 for daily CCW. The M&P9c is a bit small in the grip for me, particularly during reloads and it requires a very solid initial grip to ensure good control in rapid fire.

Very nice shooting--especially with FMJ--but I'd say it appears you shoot the Glock just a slight bit better than the M&P. Certainly not enough rounds to say for sure--but I think there is a noticeable, though slight, difference.

I just completed my M&P Armorer re-certification today.

The continued improvements made by S&W to enhance the function, durability, and serviceability of the M&P are quite impressive.

S&W West Coast LE Rep David Bowler does a good job teaching the system and is quite willing to address all facets of the M&P, including honestly discussing issues that have caused problems and how they have been handled.

User Tag List