Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duty pistols with 5.5lb triggers

Duty pistols with 5.5lb triggers

So anyone know anyone have any experience with issued Glocks and 5.5lb triggers? Buddies agency is doing just that, got the chance to play with a 19 today and I have to say, it's pretty sweet.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Any more specifics, Slavex?

All our local LEOs rock the stock Glock at roughly 5.5-6.6lbs.

Glock 17 and 19 and a few 26s, they are converting over from 40 smurf and weak to 9mm. Instead of the New York setup, or whatever super heavy setup they had before, they now have super nice triggers. I was quite surprised at how they felt, my old Glock 17 with the Zev trigger isn't really much better. I'd always assumed cop guns were going to be heavy, but he says that the new thinking is, if you have to shoot someone, the better the trigger the better the shoot.

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Site Supporter
    I would say 90 some odd percent of cops who carry glock have no idea about the trigger weight or trigger weight alternatives. I seriously had a conversation with a fellow officer who thought one advantage to the .45 was that getting rounds just close to the bad guy would make them feel the energy of the bullet. Oh and knock down power is more important than penetration.

I honestly had rather see heavier triggers in glocks for many cops.

All of my glocks have stock triggers in them. They work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    All of my glocks have stock triggers in them. They work just fine.
    I can understand dicking around with trigger parts in range or gamer guns for fun. I think that Glocks for carry need to have stock trigger parts in them for reasons of tactical, criminal and civil liability.

I should note these guns are all 100% stock factory guns, except sights, those are Trijicon HDs. But the springs, and everything else are stock 100% Glock. No tuning, no messing about.

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    So anyone know anyone have any experience with issued Glocks and 5.5lb triggers? Buddies agency is doing just that, got the chance to play with a 19 today and I have to say, it's pretty sweet.
    I think it's a decent trigger. However I'm not sure they are a 5.5lb trigger. With my RCBS scale all of mine with the "minus" connector (which used to be called the 3.5 connector) scaled 5.25 - 5.5 lbs, measured on the lower third of the trigger. My late model G43 however scales 5.0 on the nose.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

The "5.5lb" trigger on my issued gun is almost 8lbs and feels like a box of sand was dumped on the connector. Like always with Glock, YMMV.
    Last edited by PearTree; 11-25-2016 at 08:57 AM.

Site Supporter
    I kinda like the stock Gen 4 triggers tbh.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

User Tag List