Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LE POST Board Handgun Qualification Standards Reference List

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I guess I'm just spoiled. We shoot and/or do force on force training 6-7 times a year.
    Passing the course one time is all the state requires. Agencies can mandate additional training. We do.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Passing the course one time is all the state requires. Agencies can mandate additional training. We do.
    Ohio's the same way. I just don't know any agencies who ONLY shoot the 25 rounds. Everyone around here does at least a little extra.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Here's a link to Ohio. I goggled "2011 OPOTA firearms course" so I guess it isn't a secret.

http://www.chlohio.com/uploads/2011-...cation_OPC.pdf

With only 25 rounds and minus points for hits off the target, it's pretty easy to fail if a shooter has a malfunction or blows the reload.

For experienced shooters such as would be on this forum, it is pretty easy.

What about including some of the Navy/Army small arms quals? (if anyone knows 'em?)

Quote Originally Posted by WIILSHOOT View Post
    What about including some of the Navy/Army small arms quals? (if anyone knows 'em?)
    Not in this thread please. State POST board standards/continuing ed/recurrent qual requirements only. Otherwise, military begets feds, begets contractors, begets... Too much dilution begets too little utility.

Handgun only, for the same reasons.

User Tag List