Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mission Drives the Gear Train: Raccoon CQB

A friend of a friend of a friend who lives in some state where the shooting of raccoons is 100% legal and encouraged told me that he had the first survivor of a shot to the face with the Aguila Super Colibri last night. The distance was ~5 meters, straight line from an elevated position.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Just tell him to put a little "X" on the nose of the bullet with a box cutter/utility knife. Kind of a poor mans Barnes X from pure lead. Doesn't do much for accuracy, but at that range I don't think it would matter.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    Just tell him to put a little "X" on the nose of the bullet with a box cutter/utility knife. Kind of a poor mans Barnes X from pure lead. Doesn't do much for accuracy, but at that range I don't think it would matter.
    This. It really does work.

I discovered that a strobing LED light is very disorienting to the average raccoon and causes them to retreat.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    NB: Before shooting Aguila .22 Super Sniper Subsonic through your can, be sure that the barrel on your deuce-deuce has a fast enough rate of twist to stabilize the 62gr bullet properly. A lot of factory .22 tubes won't, and baffle strikes can be 'spensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    NB: Before shooting Aguila .22 Super Sniper Subsonic through your can, be sure that the barrel on your deuce-deuce has a fast enough rate of twist to stabilize the 62gr bullet properly. A lot of factory .22 tubes won't, and baffle strikes can be 'spensive.
    This.

The bullets will keyhole at ~10-12 yards out of a pistol and ~25 with a rifle.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Looks like a job for the old bow and arrow. Good broad head and he will not make it far. Bit all this talk makes me glad I live in a place where I can step out with a shotgun at night and nobody cares

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI, Winchester 40gr sub sonic HP rounds are fantastic on small game. Reliably expand early in thin skinned animals. They are also surprisingly quiet out of a 24" bolt action. Quiet enough to be fired indoors and not disturb neighbors.

Of course if you really wana go all ninja I suggest:http://www.blowgun.com/shop/category.aspx?catid=16

Practice is required... And if you pull a bad shot you will have an angry critter bleeding all over your house...

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by butler coach View Post
    Looks like a job for the old bow and arrow. Good broad head and he will not make it far. Bit all this talk makes me glad I live in a place where I can step out with a shotgun at night and nobody cares
    *looks at date of thread*

Dude, even if he didn't shoot it, the raccoon's prob'ly dead of old age by now, anyway.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I think it's tapatalks weird "feed" setup that results in sudden replies to these old threads.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List