Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: High grip problem on Glocks

We are diminished
    I have the same issue with the P30. It's the flesh of my left thumb/palm that causes failure to lockback, not riding atop it with either thumb.

Very hard to see in your videos, but where is your left index finger, specifically, when you grip the gun?

edited to add: And I think the whole "draw and reholster along the same line of movement" thing is bunk... ever watch Tiger Woods swing a golf club? Bringing it back to its starting position is never part of the process. Ditto any major league hitter, NFL quarterback throwing a pass, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I have the same issue with the P30. It's the flesh of my left thumb/palm that causes failure to lockback, not riding atop it with either thumb.

Very hard to see in your videos, but where is your left index finger, specifically, when you grip the gun?

edited to add: And I think the whole "draw and reholster along the same line of movement" thing is bunk... ever watch Tiger Woods swing a golf club? Bringing it back to its starting position is never part of the process. Ditto any major league hitter, NFL quarterback throwing a pass, etc.
    My left index finger is in between my right index finger and middle finger, resting on my right middle finger. The tip of it just barely touches the gun right above the back side of the magazine release.
    Memento Mori

Wonder if you could just grind the tab off the slide lock and use the "overhand" method to drop your slide.

We are diminished
    Get your weak hand index finger as high up and far back on the gun as you can, then rotate into your thumbs-forward grip using that as the axle. From there, try different positions of your thumb(s) without changing your wrist angle any more than necessary to find a position that allows the slide to lock back.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Get your weak hand index finger as high up and far back on the gun as you can, then rotate into your thumbs-forward grip using that as the axle. From there, try different positions of your thumb(s) without changing your wrist angle any more than necessary to find a position that allows the slide to lock back.
    Thanks for that Todd. Time to start experimenting.
    Memento Mori

I had my wife make a panoramic video of what's going on in my grip. I'm still on the slide lever and I want that to stop. Again, it's the fleshy part of my left palm/thumb that rides the lever, not my right thumb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYPX0ekKrqM
    Memento Mori

Site Supporter
    Like Todd was saying it looks like to me your weak hand index finger is kind of far forward on the trigger guard. Get it back so it rests on your right hand middle finder under the trigger guard. That may push your left hand lower, hopefully, than the slide release lever.

Site Supporter
    Is there a gap between your right and and left hand - on the left side of the gun?

Quote Originally Posted by rjohnson4405 View Post
    Like Todd was saying it looks like to me your weak hand index finger is kind of far forward on the trigger guard. Get it back so it rests on your right hand middle finder under the trigger guard. That may push your left hand lower, hopefully, than the slide release lever.
    My index finger sits right on top of my middle finger. I've got big mitts.

JV
    Is there a gap between your right and and left hand - on the left side of the gun?

So far as I can tell no, my palms are joined together.
    Memento Mori

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pointfiveoh View Post
    So far as I can tell no, my palms are joined together.
    Good.

User Tag List