Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What gun do you wish they would build

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    I'd like to see Glock release new guns that work.
    +1!!!

A striker fired P30 with a Glock like trigger action. Perhaps the Walther PPQ, will fit the bill.

Site Supporter
    Here's my closer-to-reality wish:

HK (P-30) parts that are always in stock and a decent aftermarket!

Quote Originally Posted by Comedian View Post
    A striker fired P30 with a Glock like trigger action. Perhaps the Walther PPQ, will fit the bill.
    Haven't fired one but based upon examination of my local gun shop's one, it's close.
    #RESIST

What would I like to see?

In general, single stack 9mm's with full length grips.

Specifically, id like to see Beretta bring back the 92 compact type M (single stack 8 round mags). Dream gun? Centurian slide on a single stack vertec frame.

Other dream gun? PX 4 .45 compact, preferably with a single stack mag.

M&P with paddle magazine release.

Also, redesign the sear assembly block retention mechanism. I'm not a fan at all of the coil pin design holding it in place; any design that requires me to beat the hell out of a pin that can deform with a hammer to detail strip it could use some simplification, in my book.

Say what you want about HKs being complicated, but I can -- and have on more than one occasion -- detail strip a USP to the frame with nothing more than a BIC pin to use as an improvised punch.

Quote Originally Posted by commandar View Post
    M&P with paddle magazine release.

Also, redesign the sear assembly block retention mechanism. I'm not a fan at all of the coil pin design holding it in place; any design that requires me to beat the hell out of a pin that can deform with a hammer to detail strip it could use some simplification, in my book.

Say what you want about HKs being complicated, but I can -- and have on more than one occasion -- detail strip a USP to the frame with nothing more than a BIC pin to use as an improvised punch.
    Except the detail strip of a USP involves 94 parts...
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Except the detail strip of a USP involves 94 parts...
    LEM variant is closer to a high 40s part count. Not Glock simple, but not really all that bad, especially considering that a lot of those parts remove and install basically as a big block together - e.g., sear, catch, control latch, and disconnecter pretty much drop in together. The only parts that have ever given me particular trouble are the trigger reset spring and the cocking piece spring. There really aren't that many small parts in the design.

Either way, I've never had to take a hammer to a USP outside of installing sights.

1. Single stack GLOCK 9mm. Not a lame one with the same wide slide and a thinner grip ... something that is actually thinner all over. I would want it somewhere between a G26 and G19 frame size (height and length) and with a bbl length somewhere between the two.

2. GLOCK Gen3 upper on Gen4 frame .... that works.

3. A 1911 that runs like a pre-Gen4 GLOCK.

Banned
    Double stack 1911 in .40 caliber , not one with a .45 size grip but one with the grip sized for say the M&P .40 magazine.

....the 5 inch 10mm M&P sounds pretty good also.

User Tag List