Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airport Security Today

Airport Security Today

Anyone else flying commercial today experience the express TSA experience? Metal detector only, everything stays in bags and you can wear shoes/belt/hat/sunglasses through the detector. They were pushing people through security as fast as possible.

Despite closing the first class line I was through security in about 3 minutes. Why can't it be this way all the time?

I was in sfo, ord, and dca today, didn't notice a difference. I'll be in dfw tonight.

(Yeah, it's a travel week...)
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Are you talking about TSA Pre Check?

It is pretty much awesome for the road warrior. You have to be invited by your airline flyer program or have a Global Entry ID. Even then you are not guaranteed the service.

Must be PDX specific then. They did have puppies out sniffing everyone....

I'll have to peek at PHX when I land. Slow week for me travel wise which I'm happy about.

Quote Originally Posted by JFK View Post
    Are you talking about TSA Pre Check?

It is pretty much awesome for the road warrior. You have to be invited by your airline flyer program or have a Global Entry ID. Even then you are not guaranteed the service.
    Yeah they stated they were treating everyone as pre check. I'll have to ask my airline about this. I've seen the signs but never looked into it tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennzoil View Post
    Must be PDX specific then. They did have puppies out sniffing everyone....

I'll have to peek at PHX when I land. Slow week for me travel wise which I'm happy about.
    There are Pre Check lines in most primary markets now. They do have them in Phoenix. Look for the Pre Check sign. If you have Pre Check on your boarding pass you can go there too.

Quote Originally Posted by JFK View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. I always get upgraded so usually i can hit a first class line but this pre check deal is the way to go.

I've never stood in line for more than about 7 minutes at PDX, and the only way I get upgraded to first class is if I win the lotto. Then again, PDX is not exactly the most "International" of the international airports.

Though, I did fly on 11 SEP 2002 into PDX, and noticed a slight difference in TSA lines and wait times. There was also a noticeable difference in the volume of passengers.......my flight, an MD-80, had exactly 17 passengers on it.

I'll be going through the the Pre-check line ORD tomorrow I love pre-check!!

User Tag List