Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Instructor Zero

He does a lot of very Hollywood-looking moves, very quickly, while looking the part, and being sorta enigmatic by not explaining much. And perhaps most important, he has managed to get passed around outside the normal training junky circles, which only adds to the awe from people who don't know different.

His earlier videos were a bit sillier, with the rolling and whatnot. The speed shooting is not as bad. All in all, he seems like a very skilled shooter, and I've got no reason to bag on that aspect... but the rest comes across as almost a self parody. He should hook up with the Dynamic Pie guys.

Meanwhile, this thread needs less talkydiscussy and more silly raps.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Meanwhile, this thread needs less talkydiscussy and more silly raps.
    Well, what are you waiting for?

I keep clicking on this thread hoping that its really Zeros personal training log.

Since he is the lead instructor at Spartan it would be interesting to hear from some people who have received his instruction and/or have trained at Spartan.

Quote Originally Posted by nycnoob View Post
    I keep clicking on this thread hoping that its really Zeros personal training log.
    FTW!

hahahaha
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    Well, what are you waiting for?
    Inspiration. All this legitimate discussion is like Valium for my inner rap muse.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    This kind of impressed me. However I do wonder how many takes it took to get that one right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0t-DtJ4T1w

You can only get that fast with Snake Eyes sights.

I would be interested in this guy's bio. Former military? oversees? I find him a little pompous [standard european pompous] but he obviously knows how to handle a gun. I find his videos entertaining and impressive as far as speed goes. I don't think he can be characterized as HSLD because that beard is going create a lot of drag.
    IIRC from what I've read (on a SOFREP profile of him maybe?) that he is Italian special operations experienced with a good deal of very relevant experience. He seems like a pretty good dude to me.
    RUMINT:

Chen Lee being the fixture that he is, I'd cautiously believe the information.

On the other hand, this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wade
    A former Instructor of the 5th Assault Battalion, Italian Military – Folgore Parachute Brigade, Instructor Zero has loads of experience when it comes to Tactical Shooting. Here is what we can share about Instructor Zero’s bio:

• Bachelor Degree: Investigation and Security Sciences – 110\110 cum Laude
    • Former Instructor 5th Assault Battalion, Italian Military – Folgore Parachute Brigade
    • CEO: OUTCOMES Security & Defence Advisors
    • President/Head Instructor: Spartan 360 Tactical Defence Group
    • Strategic design, analysis, study & implementation of security protocols for three high security clearance sites relating to I*** (Highest National Clearance)
    • Clinical Professor: University level, Sciences for Investigations and Security, Italy
    • Chief Security Architect and Current Security Operations Director holding one of the Highest Security Levels for a Civil Industrial Site in Italy
    Source: http://loadoutroom.com/10706/instruc...eets-accuracy/

I mean, both stories could be correct, assuming that there was some more literal interpretations of the second source (which I've already been leery of, considering the relatively poor reputation of SOFREP), i.e., the instruction of the military unit was not as a military instructor.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 08-06-2014 at 02:39 PM.

Stuff here about that Italian brigade. More high speed than my old unit.
    History of deployments to Iraq/Afg etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folgore_Parachute_Brigade
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

IIRC from what I've read (on a SOFREP profile of him maybe?) that he is Italian special operations experienced with a good deal of very relevant experience. He seems like a pretty good dude to me.
    He lost me at drop leg holster.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    Video is obviously sped up from the moment he starts to draw to the point he re holsters.
    I concur.

SOFREP has been wrong before. Several times. (Just pointing that out.) Fakes still turn up in the U.S. working for law enforcement agencies with BS backgrounds posted online for all to see. Some got away with it for a while, some probably are getting away with it as we speak. If it's hard to bust posers in the U.S., imagine how hard it is to vet someone from overseas.

-----

He's got an difficult-to-verify background, a selective video editor, questionable drills (combat rolls, anyone) and no indication that he's an effective teacher (maybe he is, maybe he isn't.) TAKE MY MONEY!

Seriously, I guess Costa might lose some market share to this guy, but I don't know what to say to anyone that chooses to train with Zero instead of any of the dozen travelling instructors or a good local instructor with verified backgrounds and solid reputations as effective teachers.

If you are a training junkie with plenty of funds that's bored with taking classes from the usual suspects, take a flyer on Zero and see if he can impart any wisdom. Otherwise, I wouldn't consider him for training.

---------------
    I just read the Loadoutroom.com link posted above.

For all the folks slobbering over his speed shooting (I'm talking to you loadoutroom) -- Since you have Youtube, I'm going to assume you've heard of USPSA. Every weekend people of all stripes (the overweight, the cubicle dwellers, white collar types, etc) get together to compete in a series of tests that measure how fast and accurate you can shoot. Zero hasn't demonstrated anything that you wouldn't see at such a match. He can turn in fast splits on some hoser targetrs, but they aren't mind boggling, nor do we have much of an idea of how many points he's shooting when he's hosing.

--------

EDIT -- I see that loadoutroom.com is a offshoot of SOFREP. Figures. More clickbait from Webb.
    Last edited by Pup town; 08-06-2014 at 05:16 PM.

User Tag List