Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rust preventative for storage

Rust preventative for storage

I've recently put most of my guns in long term storage, while the toddler is in his jimmying phase. I am happy with my lubricants and cleaners for everyday use but haven't seen much on corrosion preventatives for long term storage. Eezox has been mentioned on this forum, and Ralston likes CLP. What's the consensus?
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Eezox is my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Eezox is my choice.
    Me too. I use the spray.
    #RESIST

Control of the ambient humidity is the real issue. Dessicants may need to be replaced with some frequency; a dehumidifier or heater, sized for the safe, works well.

As for chemicals, Brownells has a wide assortment of products, such as Barricade and Rust Veto, which work well.

A light wipedown with FrogLube kept my guns rust free while deployed in 2011-2012.

I've had good luck with Boeshield T-9, but haven't done any comparative tests.

In a safe, wipe down with a Rig Rag, and put a vapor corrosion inhibitor in the safe. Make sure you wipe down under the grips.

I like to wipe them down with a Tuff-Cloth, let them dry for ~10mins, then spray them in Barricade. I also lube them up with Slip2000 EWL30 (it doesn't settle, but it's thinner than grease).

Oils and Lotions SME
    I have had great success with The Inhibitor anti-corrosion gun storage bags made by KleenBore and a liberal dousing of Barricade in far less than ideal storage conditions.
    Hokey religions and ancient lubricants are no match for a good Group IV PAO

Owner 360 Performance Shooting

User Tag List