Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rangemaster Annual Tactical Conference Match

OK, J frame and speed strips makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Rob shot it with a J frame and speed strips. As did Claude.

And some of the knockdown targets on the scenario portion of the match didn't want to go down with hits from snub .38s.

On the part where you shoot with the truck as cover I hit one of the targets solidly five times on the 8" vital area plate before it tipped over, using 130gr Winchester from my 642.

Rob and I talked about the use of "cover" as another issue. He didn't think using good cover meant to run up to the truck and shoot over the hood while resting your elbows on the hood (an idea that I strongly concur with). He shot part of that stage from "urban prone", which I assume is similar to modified prone that we teach at Strategos.

The left target on the hood stage was set pretty heavy. Greg, Spencer and myself all got multiple COM hits on it with 9mm but had to transition to the head to make it fall.

Site Supporter
    A couple of the 3-D targets were set very hard for sure!

The conference is a great, low cost vehicle to get around a bunch of like minded people at a great facility and to get exposed to some excellent training. It's my second year to attend and present and I've had a blast and made lots of new friends.

Get to it next time!

Nice job on the win Wayne!
    Is the conference open to everyone or do you need to be "in the industry"?
    I've got to plan better next year; seems all the traveling instructors hit TX early (already this year Todd, Southnarc, Farnam, and of course the conference and Todd again in OKC) and I didn't budget or plan acccordingly.

NickA,

The conference is "open" to everyone providing you have had Prior training and understand how to operate in a Hot Range environment.

Hope to see you and all the Pistol-Forums members there next year!!

Tom has an "Announcement" coming out about the 2012 conference, so stay tuned.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Congratulations, Wayne!!!
    Frank B
    "You are not paid for what you do, you are paid for what you may have to do, and when that time comes, you will be highly underpaid."

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    NickA,

The conference is "open" to everyone providing you have had Prior training and understand how to operate in a Hot Range environment.

Hope to see you and all the Pistol-Forums members there next year!!

Tom has an "Announcement" coming out about the 2012 conference, so stay tuned.
    Thanks Prdator, I'll do my best to attend. Wish I could join you guys for the AIWB workshop but it's not likely.

I was just glad to be shooting back where I know I can. Interestingly, I've been taking care of my wife who is recovering from hip surgery. I checked my notes and found that I hadn't fire a live round for over a month before the match. Since I was stuck in the house, I did dry fire practically every day. Who knows, maybe all that dry fire stuff works?

Also regarding the targets, they were apparently set the previous day when the wind was up. They had to be set hard enough to not be blown over which created some problems for the minor calibers. The general advice for the side match is to shoot your carry ammo, especially for the scenarios. This is doubly the case if you're shooting a 9mm.

User Tag List