Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: "Bad Software"

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    Umm... My head spun around several hundred times when I learned of that decision. I already had my UR reservation made and ammo bought when I learned of their decision, so I set my personal feelings aside and made the trip anyway.

The Mouth launched his infamous tirade after the TR confab. Since then, they haven't spoken of him. I still wonder what they were thinking.

Regardless, I have learned much at TR and treasure my time there.
    I would not be surprised to discover that offense was taken when he went straight to YouTube and used the TR trip as an advertising point to imply Clint's imprimatur and blessing on his every utterance.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    When he invited Jimmy to be an instructor, he lost me as a customer. And I really liked TR in OR.
    I was very surprised when I found out that they were allowing Yeager to use their facilities to teach one of his classes. Clint and James have some diametrically opposite views on training, which if I'm recalling correctly Clint has been fairly vocal about in the past. However, I never assumed from the arrangement that Yeager was instructing for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I would not be surprised to discover that offense was taken when he went straight to YouTube and used the TR trip as an advertising point to imply Clint's imprimatur and blessing on his every utterance.
    I would be willing to bet this is exactly what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Human nature being what it is, I believe most shooters beyond the basic level, and active instructors tend to advocate whatever speed and skill level THEY have.
    That's the dirty little secret of the training industry. A lot of people in it just aren't very proficient, no matter what objective standard one chooses to apply.
    When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Can someone please find the one mysterious competition shooter who keeps telling all these tactical trainers that competition is just like the real thing? Because I've never met him, but damn does he ever get around.
    He goes by the handle of "HighLander51" on the Calguns forum. He's a match organizer for some USPSA club.
    Last edited by ZombieTactics; 09-16-2013 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieTactics View Post
    He goes by the handle of "HighLander51" on the Calguns forum. My understanding is that he is one of the organizers of NorCal Run-n-Gun.
    Lol Calguns. "Look Lana, they think they're people!"

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Lol Calguns. "Look Lana, they think they're people!"
    Theyre the only gun forum I've seen which polled in favor of national gun control -51% in favor of national BG checks ,back when the Senate was debating the issue.

Make of that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Theyre the only gun forum I've seen which polled in favor of national gun control -51% in favor of national BG checks ,back when the Senate was debating the issue.

Make of that what you will.
    They're also doing a lot with money and lawyers towards fighting anti 2A politics in CA.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Theyre the only gun forum I've seen which polled in favor of national gun control ...
    I call BS on that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieTactics View Post
    I call BS on that.

Here's the poll forum as of today. It was slightly in favor of the anti's as of my last visit which was some months back. Even 47% is a disturbing stat on a supposedly pro-2A forum.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    They're also doing a lot with money and lawyers towards fighting anti 2A politics in CA.
    At the high level, the CalGuns Foundation does a lot of good work. I'm less impressed with CalGuns as a forum.

User Tag List