Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Bad Software"

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    I have never seen a stoppage from using a full sized mag in a G26 or G27, ever. I have also tested that extensively. Just sayin.
    + one and I test it every time I shoot the 27. It's "only" my backup gun, but I have yet to have this cause a stoppage.

YMMV

"Get this snub .38 for your wife - five shots are plenty. A good shot should only need one."
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Site Supporter
    This video is full of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEFM...04B43&index=10

The best part (IMO) is at 7:35.

"It's like a pistol and a shotgun."

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Don't shoot 100%, they'll use it against you....
    I was actually disappointed they did away with CHL renewal quals in TX this year. Four years ago I thought I was awesome, with what was mostly a pattern in the middle of the target. This time I fully intended to make one small hole (not that the TX COF is even mildly difficult).

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    "Competition will get you killed." I used to parrot this one.
    "There is no timer in a gunfight."

Always a classic. Probably used by some of the same people quoted by Tam. Although literally true, it's often a symptom of unwillingness or inability to seek that which is better. And I might have said either of those things at some point in the past. Fortunately, some of us have learned that there is more skill to be built and enjoyed than basic marksmanship, gunhandling, and tactics alone, and we have grown accordingly.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

The bad: "You don't have to aim a shotgun."

The good: "Blessed are those who, in the face of death, focus on the front sight." - That Cooper guy
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by OrigamiAK View Post
    I always took this as advocating the EDC of a shot-timer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    I always took this as advocating the EDC of a shot-timer.
    What, you don't?

(I do carry one ,actually.It's an app on my smartphone though).

Quote Originally Posted by OrigamiAK View Post

Always a classic. Probably used by some of the same people quoted by Tam. Although literally true, it's often a symptom of unwillingness or inability to seek that which is better. And I might have said either of those things at some point in the past. Fortunately, some of us have learned that there is more skill to be built and enjoyed than basic marksmanship, gunhandling, and tactics alone, and we have grown accordingly.
    I say it.........

Certainly my desired end state upon completion of expending my rounds is probably different than that of most gun owners/shooters. Could be that I am unwilling or unable to seek something better. And perhaps I have not yet learned that there is more skill to built and enjoyed than those mentioned, and as such, have not adjusted accordingly.

What I have learned is that those who have heard me say it have benefited from the proper perspective for training for their desired end state upon completion of expending their rounds.

The timer comment is one I hear attributed to Clint Smith, though I don't know that I caught it first hand. It sounds like something he'd say. If I have the chance to take another TR class, it would probably take priority over most other training opportunities. Not saying other folks don't have a lot to offer, just that I get a lot every time I go there.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List