Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Clinch Picks are here.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    The Tek Lok is not attached as it won't fit in the cool box when it's on the sheath.
    Another business opportunity: for $19.95 plus shipping you could offer a service where you install the Tek Lok.

Not that it comes as a surprise to anyone who knows you, Craig, but I think it shows incredible integrity that you're so open about the little details you're not completely happy with. Most guys in this industry would be making excuses instead of improvements. Having said that, it seems to me more than capable of getting the actual job done, minutia aside, and it's an awesome option for folks who don't want to spend the $$$$$ on a custom or want a less expensive backup to their old-school CP.

Congratulations on successfully bringing your design to market, with trainer, to boot. I will support the effort; ASAP.

It's not that I didn't want a real one, I just have a rule about carrying knives that I will cry over if something happens. These look nice, Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Done and Done.

4 Days AFTER ordering a custom Ti/Carbon Fiber blade from Specialized Circumstances.

But why not? Knives are tools like guns. Right tool/right job.
    Yup...
    I really like my Special Circumstances Ti/CF Maleficus, but still jumped on a China-Pick + trainer + pop topper.
    You just cannot have too many knives.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    I ordered a CP+Trainer combo as soon as CCDefense got these in stock. According to shipping information, mine should arrive tomorrow (fingers crossed).

While I recognize the issue with the overmolding of the sheath, and agree it should be addressed in future runs, I'm not personally worried about it. I often consider sheaths to be overmolded, and have plenty of experience cutting them down to my preferred size.

I know that the CP has evolved a bit over the last decade, so I'll be interested to compare this one against my original from '03 or '04. I realize I'll be comparing a Chinese production knife to a USA mid-tech/custom, but obviously the price point reflects that.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I sent my order in on the 31, (CP + Trainer) as well as my PayPal...but so far I haven't heard anything as far as shipping. I'm hoping mine just shows up in the mail and makes me happy.

Craig is a perfectionist, and I appreciate that. But I think I can remedy the sheath's deficiencies with a dremel. At least until I get my Dark Star for it.

I have the Moore BOB and the more time I've spent carrying this type of knife the more I've come to realize what a nice little surprise it is to have on your side. Good lord willing I'll be in Pittsburg in February so Craig can show me how to use the darn thing properly.
    3/15/2016

Done. Ordered a pick and a trainer. I already have a BoB ordered. Yeah, you can't have too many.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Someone enlightened me. Ordered.
    Can you pass along the information and/or original source?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    Can you pass along the information and/or original source?
    The applicable statute is Va. Code 18.2-308, which provides:

"If any person carries about his person, hidden from common observation, (i) any pistol, revolver, or other weapon designed or intended to propel a missile of any kind by action of an explosion of any combustible material; (ii) any dirk, bowie knife, switchblade knife, ballistic knife, machete, razor, slingshot, spring stick, metal knucks, or blackjack; (iii) any flailing instrument consisting of two or more rigid parts connected in such a manner as to allow them to swing freely, which may be known as a nun chahka, nun chuck, nunchaku, shuriken, or fighting chain; (iv) any disc, of whatever configuration, having at least two points or pointed blades which is designed to be thrown or propelled and which may be known as a throwing star or oriental dart; or (v) any weapon of like kind as those enumerated in this subsection, he is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor."

The problem for most common knives that are not specifically enumerated in (ii), is that the Commonwealth in the past has used the "weapon of like kind" language against people carrying various forms of fixed blade knives. See, Gilliam v. Com., 642 S.E.2d 774, 779 (2007) for such an example.

In 2009, the Va. Supreme Court limited the "like kind" language by holding that just because the defendant carried a knife as a weapon, it did not mean that it was automatically one of "like kind" to those enumerated in 18.2-308. The case is Thompson v. Com., 673 S.E.2d 469, 474 (2009). It isn't clear how a court would rule on any given knife, which is one reason I would like to make the VA permit applicable to all of the enumerated weapons instead of just a firearm. The question is how "alike" is a given knife to one of the enumerated knives in (ii).

This is not legal advice, I am simply pointing out the relevant law. I am not expressing an opinion that a clinch pick is or is not a "weapon of like kind" under 18.2-308.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I sent my order in on the 31, (CP + Trainer) as well as my PayPal...but so far I haven't heard anything as far as shipping. I'm hoping mine just shows up in the mail and makes me happy.
    Yea me too. I leave for my hunting trip soon and hoping it arrives before I go.

User Tag List