Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Clinch Picks are here.

Thanks, sir. I know this was no small effort to make happen. May the venture be profitable for you. I and many other folks are grateful for the emphasis on bringing in good gear - it is a hard market segment to find the right tool in.

What steel is in the production versions?
    "Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein

Wish I could carry a fixed blade in VA....
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Wish I could carry a fixed blade in VA....
    Someone enlightened me. Ordered.
    #RESIST

The steel is Sandvik 12C27.

Okay some pics.

So the customer gets a box, the knife, a sheath, and a Tek Lok for $95.00. The Tek Lok is not attached as it won't fit in the cool box when it's on the sheath.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here's the knife and then in the sheath with Tek Lok attached.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Someone enlightened me. Ordered.
    I'd be interested in hearing more on this as I too was under the impression that fixed blades were a no-go in VA.

Okay here's what I'm not satisfied with. Here's a custom with carbon fiber handles and then the new China Pick, both in sheath. You can see how overmolded the sheath is particularly on the bottom part of the egg. You can still get it in hand but it doesn't sing as well as the custom coming out. It needs an "undercut". One of my students speaks fluent Mandarin so I'm actually gonna' have him get on the phone with Nanjiang and explain EXACTLY what the problem is with pics. The language barrier was been a huge issue and I probably should have been working through a Chinese speaker from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Okay here's what I'm not satisfied with. Here's a custom with carbon fiber handles and then the new China Pick, both in sheath. You can see how overmolded the sheath is particularly on the bottom part of the egg. You can still get it in hand but it doesn't sing as well as the custom coming out. It needs an "undercut". One of my students speaks fluent Mandarin so I'm actually gonna' have him get on the phone with Nanjiang and explain EXACTLY what the problem is with pics. The language barrier was been a huge issue and I probably should have been working through a Chinese speaker from the beginning.
    SouthNarc, PM sent.

Custom carbon fiber and production out of sheath. They're not as sharp as I'd like them to be but Ban Tang will regrind it with his edge geommetry for like $30 if you want to go that route. Fit and finish on the production model is superb and the company we're using does alot of work for both Spyderco and Buck. We were fortunate to get the in that we did with such a small (300 knives 300 trainers) run of product.

Overall though, it wasn't a bad first run. $95 for a production CP, $75 for a trainer, or get both for a package deal of $150. That's still less than half of what a custom CP was going for.
    Last edited by SouthNarc; 09-05-2013 at 09:04 AM.

User Tag List