Name:  Sword of the Morning.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  41.8 KB

Sword of the Morning?

Shivworks.

Name:  Dorne.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  20.6 KB

Dorne wasn't conquered by House Targaryan. It was brought into the seven kingdoms by marriage.

Need we ask why?

Photo below is the Clinch Pick wielded by Jon Umber (Greatjon), Lord of Last Hearth, Sworn to House Stark.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Mitchell, Esq.; 12-01-2016 at 10:16 AM.

I picked up a cp and a trainer after reading through this thread. Being able to purchase on Amazon made the decision even easier.

I have zero experience, skill or knowledge with edged weapom fighting and Craig's "monkey with an ice pick" phrase really stuck with me.

I would like to learn more about the methodology surrounding the cp and do some training at home with it. Rught now I have just been practicing accessing the knife with both hands.

I will likely be doing the sheath mods soon.

As far as the knife goes it was heavier than it looked which is a good thing. It fits great in my hand. The reverse edge will take some getting used to as I caught myself putting my thumb on it with the trainer.

ETA: the knife is a loose fit in the sheath and jiggles around. Does anyone else experience this or have any solutions?
    Last edited by JCS; 01-03-2017 at 10:11 PM.

I dont own a clinch pick, and have no training with one.

My impression/understanding is that the best way to fix the sheath is to buy a better one from dark star gear.

-Cory

The sheath is the main problem with CPs. Often they're ok, but they're too large (in terms of "footprint") and the fit (as you found) out can be sloppy. Unless, you know how to work kydex, and even then, getting a DSG sheath is probably best.

I kind of knew a dsg holster was in my future but I was hoping it wouldn't have to be so soon. I have a greater need for one that I can clip to shorts and such at the moment.

"Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I dont own a clinch pick, and have no training with one.

My impression/understanding is that the best way to fix the sheath is to buy a better one from dark star gear.

-Cory
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    The sheath is the main problem with CPs. Often they're ok, but they're too large (in terms of "footprint") and the fit (as you found) out can be sloppy. Unless, you know how to work kydex, and even then, getting a DSG sheath is probably best.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post
    I kind of knew a dsg holster was in my future but I was hoping it wouldn't have to be so soon. I have a greater need for one that I can clip to shorts and such at the moment.
    I appreciate the support. I know the sheath is simple but it does mean a lot to see the comments people make. The stock sheath is rather serviceable if you can work a Dremel.

And still room to remove material...
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I appreciate the support. I know the sheath is simple but it does mean a lot to see the comments people make. The stock sheath is rather serviceable if you can work a Dremel.

And still room to remove material...
    Awesome tips thanks! I appreciate you putting that out being a holster/sheath maker. Speaks a lot about your character and I will definitely be ordering from you in the future. Would you mind sharing a picture of one of your sheaths with a metal clip?
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post
    Awesome tips thanks! I appreciate you putting that out being a holster/sheath maker. Speaks a lot about your character and I will definitely be ordering from you in the future. Would you mind sharing a picture of one of your sheaths with a metal clip?
    He's being too nice - and humble, which is not uncommon for him. :-)

Get his DSG Sheath.

The loose fit and wiggle you notice in the OEM sheath is non-existent with the DSG.

The DSG is a smaller sheath by far and definitely affords more purchase on the grip when drawing VS the OEM.

My DSG uses a soft loop so I cant help you on the metal clip pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List