Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Why I like the LEM as a "street trigger"

This thread was a good find, glad it popped up again.

After all this time, I wonder if some of the LEM supporters have changed their minds in recent times. Doesn’t seem the LEM has the popularity it once did.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post

After all this time, I wonder if some of the LEM supporters have changed their minds in recent times. Doesn’t seem the LEM has the popularity it once did.
    For one, DB isn't personally carrying a LEM on a regular basis any more.

The revival of this thread got me to dig out my P30 LEM and start tinkering with it again.
    David S.

I still have several P30s in LEM but will say that I recently replaced my P30L with a V3 and find that my range/time performance has improved. That said, I EDC a pair of P30sks and have no issue with doing so. OMMV...

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post

The revival of this thread got me to dig out my P30 LEM and start tinkering with it again.
    Very interesting. As the poster that revived this topic the other day, I’d be incredibly interested in hearing from any members that agreed with DB’s first post but have since moved away from the LEM for self defense. What changed your mind? What did you move to?
    Last edited by backdrifter; 01-09-2022 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by backdrifter View Post
    Very interesting. As the poster that revived this topic the other day, I’d be incredibly interested in hearing from any members that agreed with DB’s first post but have since moved away from the LEM for self defense. What changed your mind? What did you move to?
    He moved away to the Beretta DA/SA's I believe. That said, DB is obviously qualified to do good work with that system and not everyone is. The LEM really shines for most anyone and I'm sure still have some benefits to even seasoned shooters in self defense.

Site Supporter
    the P30 da/sa trigger has been a miracle for me in pursuing TDA competency.

I'm no one and "late to the party" as usual. I'm now at 5 years on a P30 LEM. I also have some P2000's, an HK45, and a USP9C, all LEM (it's a self-propagating virus!). I've been consistently carrying the P30 for almost the entire 5 years, with very brief stints of carry with the P2K, a G48, and one or two others I'm forgetting.

A lot has already been said about LEM. The thing I like most is the length of pull allows good feedback while being light and consistent. Imagine a manual car with a good street clutch and plenty of pedal travel (LEM). Now imagine one with a race clutch (1911). The first gives you good feedback to engage the clutch smoothly and effortlessly in nearly all conditions. You know exactly where it begins engaging, so you can slip it as needed and get away with a lot. The later can sometimes be an on/off affair that leaves you fewer options.

I like having enough LOP and feedback to manipulate the trigger on the press out (when appropriate) while still having a good margin for error.

One of the issues with LEM is the platforms it comes in are not red dot-friendly. Though there are still a few providers that do RDS cuts for some of them, most seem to be nearly the price of a gen5 Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post

I have a P2000 V2 converted to V4.1, and a P2000 SK V2 unmodded. I also have a USPc that I had converted to LEM for a brief spell, but has been long been converted back (not interested in selling the conversion kit at this time FYI).

The P2000 never worked for me, always shot super low, which is why I tried different configs like the V 4.1.

My P2000 SK came with regular night sights, and when I won a Trijicon certificate at a match, I fitted it with yellow / green night sights. It was one of my most carried gun for the time, and I even won sub compact division at the World Class Steel Championship 3 years in a row in its stock configuration.

Haven’t shot either these P2Ks in some time (I do still shoot the USPc on a semi regular basis). This thread will have me breaking them out soon to revisit it.

I have 4 LEM guns;
    P30 V4
    P30SK V1 (2 guns)
    P2000 V2

Like others, wishing HK would make a G43X-like LEM gun, but I'll probably win the lottery before that happens, so...

I've been shooting the P30 LEM since late '18, and still enjoy it. That being said, my new G43X sure seems to be the perfect size-to-capacity gun! I actually like the factory trigger, it's nicer than I imagined it would be.

Nope.

As I’ve said before, I took my P30SK V1 through my first Tom Givens class. It was very educational. I just could not get my head wrapped around a light 1” trigger press. In full disclosure I was shooting a VP9 in USPSA at the time.

I now know I could probably started fiddling with the TRS, but honestly, as a basic CCW person learning to shoot I didn’t need the complication.

Some can probably work a LEM, DA/SA or striker equally well, but I’m not one of them. More power to those who can and choose to carry one; they certainly have my respect for making that decision, as the LEM has a lot going for it as per the reasons in this thread.

User Tag List