Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Why I like the LEM as a "street trigger"

I just joined specifically to say thank you to Dagga Boy for the incredibly well thought out and well written post. I was going to PM him directly but see that I don’t have the privileges yet to do so. I also see that this post is nearly 8 years old and I wish I would have found it much sooner. I have both striker-fired and DA/SA guns that I have relied on for personal protection in the past. I have always felt more comfortable with the DA/SA as I subscribe to the long DA pull reducing the chance of an adrenaline-fueled ND (FOR ME). Recently, I had an experience at my front door where I confronted someone on my property with a loaded gun on my person (a DA/SA CZ). It ended up being a benign situation, but due to a crazy set of circumstances I really felt the person was trying to break into my house. I feel fortunate that I was able to experience that adrenaline rush that everyone talks about occurring in such a situation. I always thought I would be more calm and collected in a situation like this, but I’m here to tell you that my heart was racing like crazy. I was amped up for hours afterwards and while it never got to the point where I had to draw the gun, the experience gave me a much better understanding of how stress and adrenaline can impact your actions in these situations. It led me to do lots of research on defensive shootings and that left me a bit uncomfortable with both striker-fired and DA/SA guns for the exact reasons that Dagga Boy so eloquently presented.

When I found this post (reposted on another website), it was like an awakening. Everything stated made complete sense to me, and the LEM trigger did indeed seem to address every single concern that I had. Long, but easy, take up - more difficult to accidentally pull the trigger. Hammer fired - allows for thumb-blocked hammer while reholstering. The trigger pull is the same every time - unlike my previous favorite system the DA/SA. I was interested enough that I went on the search for a P30 V1. When I found it and finally tried the LEM trigger, it was like I had come home. I bought one immediately and it has become my only defensive pistol. It’s absolutely perfect for me.

So much so, that I’m now planning to sell my two smaller striker-fired guns (G43 and Shield 2.0/Crimson Trace) and replacing them with a P30SK. It won’t be quite concealable, but the trigger and overall quality of the HK makes the trade-off 100% worth it to me.

Dagga Boy - thank you very much for your excellent post, it was beyond helpful for me!

Quote Originally Posted by backdrifter View Post
    I just joined specifically to say thank you to Dagga Boy for the incredibly well thought out and well written post. I was going to PM him directly but see that I don’t have the privileges yet to do so. I also see that this post is nearly 8 years old and I wish I would have found it much sooner. I have both striker-fired and DA/SA guns that I have relied on for personal protection in the past. I have always felt more comfortable with the DA/SA as I subscribe to the long DA pull reducing the chance of an adrenaline-fueled ND (FOR ME). Recently, I had an experience at my front door where I confronted someone on my property with a loaded gun on my person (a DA/SA CZ). It ended up being a benign situation, but due to a crazy set of circumstances I really felt the person was trying to break into my house. I feel fortunate that I was able to experience that adrenaline rush that everyone talks about occurring in such a situation. I always thought I would be more calm and collected in a situation like this, but I’m here to tell you that my heart was racing like crazy. I was amped up for hours afterwards and while it never got to the point where I had to draw the gun, the experience gave me a much better understanding of how stress and adrenaline can impact your actions in these situations. It led me to do lots of research on defensive shootings and that left me a bit uncomfortable with both striker-fired and DA/SA guns for the exact reasons that Dagga Boy so eloquently presented.

When I found this post (reposted on another website), it was like an awakening. Everything stated made complete sense to me, and the LEM trigger did indeed seem to address every single concern that I had. Long, but easy, take up - more difficult to accidentally pull the trigger. Hammer fired - allows for thumb-blocked hammer while reholstering. The trigger pull is the same every time - unlike my previous favorite system the DA/SA. I was interested enough that I went on the search for a P30 V1. When I found it and finally tried the LEM trigger, it was like I had come home. I bought one immediately and it has become my only defensive pistol. It’s absolutely perfect for me.

So much so, that I’m now planning to sell my two smaller striker-fired guns (G43 and Shield 2.0/Crimson Trace) and replacing them with a P30SK. It won’t be quite concealable, but the trigger and overall quality of the HK makes the trade-off 100% worth it to me.

Dagga Boy - thank you very much for your excellent post, it was beyond helpful for me!

I re-read the original post about twice a year. Always uncover some bit that I’d forgotten or not noticed before. If there was a “P-F Post Hall of Fame” then DB’s first post in this thread should be in it

@Dagga Boy is a treasure, "a pearl of great price", and I hope he knows just how many people understand that.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    @Dagga Boy is a treasure, "a pearl of great price", and I hope he knows just how many people understand that.
    His initial post just convinced me to go install a NY1 in my carry G19.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    His initial post just convinced me to go install a NY1 in my carry G19.
    Does this trick work in the G19X also?

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    It should, yes... It should drop right in. The trick is to combine the NY1 spring with a "-" connector so you get a well defined wall with a rolling break.

Site Supporter
    I believe it will need to be a Gen 5 specific NY trigger.

https://www.glockmeister.com/product...product_detail

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I believe it will need to be a Gen 5 specific NY trigger.

https://www.glockmeister.com/product...product_detail
    Good point... It's the different Gen5 trigger housing shape.

Site Supporter
    No. It works with Gen 1-3 guns. The results with Gen 4 & Gen 5 have been poor due to the differences in internals / geometry of the smaller frame. You don’t get the “rolling break” the NY /minus combo produces in the older guns.

Remember, When they made the basic grip /frame smaller for Gen 4 it changed the geometry of the trigger internals to such a degree it increased the weight of the trigger pull and they had to switch to a new connector (the “dot” connector) to compensate.
    Last edited by HCM; 01-08-2022 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    No. It works with Gen 1-3 guns. The results with Gen 4 & Gen 5 ha e been poor due to the differences in internals / geometry of the smaller frame. You don’t get the “rolling break” the NY /minus combo produces in the older guns.

Remember, When they made the basic grip /frame smaller for Gen 4 it changed the geometry of the trigger internals to such a degree it increased the weight of the trigger pull and they had to switch to a new connector (the “dot” connector) to compensate.
    Good to know... I'm all Gen3 personally except for a pair of 48's in the family.

User Tag List