Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried a K Rounds AIWB holster

Has anyone tried a K Rounds AIWB holster

I saw this thing on one of the more recent Powerfactor Shows.
    http://www.krounds.com/iwb-holsters-...-iwb-p-75.html

It looks like it's pretty neat but it seems kind of gimmicky so I guess I'm wondering does it work or was my instincts right?

The pictured holster appears to block the fingers from a full-firing grip, which is pretty important. In addition to that, the swinging strut might not work out as intended. In my experience, one of the (many) failings of the later ACR holsters was a swinging strut - not unlike the pictured holster - that permitted the holster to move in ways that were never intended. Over a course of hours, sometimes, this actually allowed the strut to rotate upward, inadvertantly adjusting the holster from a neutral to an extreme-forward cant.

There are much better holsters, and much better techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    The pictured holster appears to block the fingers from a full-firing grip, which is pretty important. In addition to that, the swinging strut might not work out as intended. In my experience, one of the (many) failings of the later ACR holsters was a swinging strut - not unlike the pictured holster - that permitted the holster to move in ways that were never intended. Over a course of hours, sometimes, this actually allowed the strut to rotate upward, inadvertantly adjusting the holster from a neutral to an extreme-forward cant.

There are much better holsters, and much better techniques.
    Totally agree with Wendell here, but wanted to add something else... You'd never be able to get much practice with this holster because of how it is opened up around the muzzle. Holstering a hot gun into the crouch doesn't sound like a lot of fun.

Ick...
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    Totally agree with Wendell here, but wanted to add something else... You'd never be able to get much practice with this holster because of how it is opened up around the muzzle. Holstering a hot gun into the crouch doesn't sound like a lot of fun.
    I hadn't even thought about that... guess this is off the list.

I actually have one of these on order for my J-frame.

I'll report back - should have it by the end of the week.

So not to hijack but im looking to purchase a IWB with loops for a glock 19 ASAP... I have been through thread after thread and am trying to locate a solid holster without a significant wait time. I understand the rediculousness of that request, but do any quality makers keep a status of In Stock? Or rather, which would you recommend with consideration of short shipping time?

Site Supporter
    JM Custom.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    I saw this thing on one of the more recent Powerfactor Shows.
    http://www.krounds.com/iwb-holsters-...-iwb-p-75.html

It looks like it's pretty neat but it seems kind of gimmicky so I guess I'm wondering does it work or was my instincts right?
    There IWB looks just like the Blade Tech NANO and at same price. Also could be used for Acarry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadmin View Post
    So not to hijack but im looking to purchase a IWB with loops for a glock 19 ASAP... I have been through thread after thread and am trying to locate a solid holster without a significant wait time. I understand the rediculousness of that request, but do any quality makers keep a status of In Stock? Or rather, which would you recommend with consideration of short shipping time?
    BLADE TECH NANO

Although I prefer the Discontinued BT IWB If you can find it. It better made even though the loops are close together compare to nano.

Order NANO on Saturday and got it yesterday.

User Tag List