Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock discontinues their C models and Gen 3 20/21/29/30

Site Supporter

Glock discontinues their C models and Gen 3 20/21/29/30

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...nues-c-models/

"Gen320/21, 29/30

ALL“C” Models will be discontinued

The SF models will remain in production.

We will have access to produce the above models as needed for Agency sales. They will NOT be available for IOP or Sub D sales.

If you have any on order currently and would like to cancel them please let us know. This will go into effect January 2014".
    Last edited by JV_; 08-29-2013 at 05:49 AM.

That is interesting. I know a lot of people like those Gen 3s a lot...

10mm and 45acp guns that are in the Slim Frame now. Seems like a business decision.

Frankly, I'm surprised they didn't cut the SF as well and go straight to Gen4 only for those models. Honestly, it would make more sense from a business standpoint.

The C models .... don't suspect their absense will even be noticed. The only models I see them making real sense on is the G18C and perhaps the .357sig models.

Glock 21SF and Glock 30SF are still under contract with agencies. I remember when the Gen3 came out and they were still producing some gen2 in limited runs for contracts.

Not to worry.... We'll still be able to pick them up on Gunbroker for $900 in a month or so.

I personally think that the Gen4 nested recoil spring approach is a superior recoil management approach than compensating. With the Gen4 approach, the full ballistic advantages of the cartridge/respective barrel lengths are maintained, and I believe platform longevity is concurrently enhanced. The only compensated Glock that piqued my fleeting interest was for the G32 in .357 SIG, but going the compensated route and accepting the resultant energy vamping raised the question of "Why then go to .357 SIG in a compact Glock?"

Eventually a Gen4 G31 or G32 is possibly on my purchase radar-perhaps when .357 SIG ammunition is more consistently available in my area (metro Seattle) and at more reasonable prices. For most practical purposes, I believe that I can achieve (or closely approach) .357 SIG performance levels in my G34 with Winchester Ranger 127gr +P+ ammunition.

Best, Jon

I shot a friends glock 22c didn't see a big difference in recoil management as compared to my glock22, the only thing different was the fire ball that was visible. If glock does what it has done with the original OD series guns, discontinue them, creating a panic in the glock world, the compensated models will be back in limited numbers. It seems no one was really interested in the OD models, so Glock discontinued the OD models,prices went up and people were buying them for collectors items, and they are still asking premium price for the originals. Now glock came out with the Tan/Dark Earth (Limited) run of guns and people are buying them at a regular rate, might be discontinued again who knows. I don't see myself ever having a "C" model, after shooting my friends Im glad I never bought one.

I wish Glock would make gen 3 G17s, 19s and 22s that worked on a consistent basis. That would be an upgrade.

I will take all Gen 4 Glocks and not look back.

User Tag List