Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 Extractor Woes

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    If someone does not have an adequate firearm or previously selected some unwisely, then they will likely need to buy a couple of good ones, along with selling off any firearms that are no longer serving their needs.

I have gotten rid of all my Berettas, Glocks in calibers other than 9 mm, Hi-Powers, HK's, Sigs, 3rd gen S&W's, K and L frames, and most of my 1911's as they no longer served my shooting needs and were just taking up space.
    Doc,
    You've summed up exactly why I'm selling off my USP/P7/M&P's for additional Glock 17 Gen 3's and perhaps a P30.

Same here, across recent years I've sold off five 1911s, two BHPs, a M&P Pro 9 and a Sig P220. I have a 92FS for training the lads in this weapon as they will certainly encounter it in uniform. No other semiautos now. Lotsa Glocks and that 92FS is all.

Still have too many wheel guns but they've been in the fold for decades and have a lot of family history to them.

Now if I could afford to just keep them all, I'd do it, just so others could sample options.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by GermanSynergy View Post
    Doc,
    You've summed up exactly why I'm selling off my USP/P7/M&P's for additional Glock 17 Gen 3's and perhaps a P30.
    Since its apparently confessional time,

The number of sigs I own compared to the number I used to own is a vastly different number.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

I've basically sold off all my serious handguns that aren't J frames or Glock 9mms.

I lucked into an older H series G17 for sale the other day, normally I wouldn't worry about it too much, but I scarfed this one up just to get a gun from back in the good old days when Glock arguably made the most reliable and durable pistol ever.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    but I scarfed this one up just to get a gun from back in the good old days when Glock arguably made the most reliable and durable pistol ever.
    I'm with you. I almost never consider used guns but recently picked up a gen3 17 (on a trade) and 19, both over 4 years old. The 17 needed a new striker and striker block, I hope it proves to be worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    I'm with you. I almost never consider used guns but recently picked up a gen3 17 (on a trade) and 19, both over 4 years old. The 17 needed a new striker and striker block, I hope it proves to be worthwhile.

It probably isn't, so I'll give you fifty bucks for it, and I'll even pay shipping to KS!

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Use Glock 9mms are a pretty sure thing. Some years back picked up a couple Gen 2 G19s that just ran and ran. Took them to Smyrna after a few years and got the free Inspect and Upgrade which 40 mins later turned over to me to completely rebuilt Gen 2s.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Based on some of your posts and tpd223's direct recommendation a few weeks ago, I bought two of the White Sound Defense High Reliability Extractor Depressor assemblies and dropped one into the problematic Glock 19 to see what, if anything, happened with the extraction problems.

Before I tell you about the preliminary results, let me say that I've amassed a goodly portion of Glock experience from both the operational, training and armorer standpoints over the past 20+ years. I've estimated the rounds I've watched go downrange from the platform at well over a million and it may be two or three times that now as the number grows at over 10K rounds per every two weeks now at my new job. Most of those have been 9mm rounds and second place is the .40 S&W. I've been a bit leery of the system's extraction and ejection, since I've not seen a pistol that will consistently pass the standard ejection test. That is, to load the chamber, remove the magazine and fire the chambered round and the ejected case should eject OUT the ejection port. The fired case almost ALWAYS ejects down the magazine well and many times, it traps between the breechface and the feed ramp while trying to make it down the magazine well. This long noted deficiency bothered me, but almost all the guns I saw (2nd and 3rd Generation) guns ran so well I just dismissed it. That is until the current problems appeared and brought them back to my attention.

I read the technical explanation that White Sound Defense posted about how their replacement assembly was designed to work and it made sense, but all I really cared about was whether their part, called the HRED, would work for me.

After dropping it in, I took four magazines of 15 rounds (Federal 124 FMJ) and started shooting it. The gun was dirty, but well lubed when I ran this short test. It has a Vickers magazine catch and slide stop lever, but is otherwise mechanically stock. I would lock a magazine in place, chamber a round and then pull the magazine and fire the round. Of the 60 round preliminary test, two stovepiped with the case mouth pointing outboard of the ejection port and three ejected down the magazine well. The other 55 ejected CLEANLY 10-12' TO THE RIGHT OF THE SHOOTING POSITION. This is extremely encouraging to me at this point, as I've never seen that level of extraction and ejection from this platform. I've now fired about 250 trouble free rounds after this quick test. I think that White Sound may be onto something here!

Wayne, I am taking the HRED to the Vickers class this month and this is very encouraging. What recoil spring were you running?
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    The stock factory recoil spring assembly.

User Tag List