Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 Extractor Woes

You can color me pissed off, going to the Glock 9mm from the .40s they had issues with was advice that I gave them, as well as other folks I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    Weird, the last I knew they were issuing Glock 22s, which also had serious issues.
    Article says 9mm and then the video says 40cal so I'm now myself.

I believe they transitioned from 3rd gen G22 to 4th gen G22, and now back to the old problematic 3rd gen G22's...

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    I believe they transitioned from 3rd gen G22 to 4th gen G22, and now back to the old problematic 3rd gen G22's...
    This really makes me stop and think about getting into the Glock platform, I am now swinging more in the direction of the HK P2000/SK to add to the stable.

Why add anything to the stable?

If you already have a pistol that works well for you, buy two or three identical ones so you can carry one, train with another, and perhaps have a spare at home ready to take the place of a broken one or arm a family member if the need arises.

Spending funds on additional training is far wiser than wasting money on more guns...
    Last edited by DocGKR; 05-22-2011 at 11:07 AM.

If you already have a pistol that works well for you, buy two or three identical ones so you can carry one, train with another, and perhaps have a spare at home ready to take the place of a broken one or arm a family member if the need arises.

Spending funds on additional training is far wiser than wasting money on more guns...
    You keep telling us this and we keep buying guns. Seriously, that's some of the best advice possible. Actually we're pretty much tapped out in that respect building a battery of well running Glock 9mms; Generations 2, 3 and 4. That and 12-15K rounds of 9mm per year doesn't leave a lot of scratch for starting over with new guns, expensive magazines, holsters, tritium sights etc.

But - before I get a whole lot older, I'd like to give a P30 a good run as I did with an M&P last year.

I'm anxious to hear some of the rumors of factory Glock coming out with extractor and ejector remedies - turn into facts on the ground.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Good Point Doc

I only have a P30ls right now so another two would be the ideal.
    I was considering the Glock for the with since she does not care for P30, I'm not to keen on handing her a firearm that just might have a prob. I kinda want to keep this one around, hell she puts up with me so she's a keeper.

I have really never liked the Glocks ergos and the Gen 4 addressed that and since the wife has small hands it would be a good fit. That's where the P2000/sk came in, it's a little smaller then the P30.

All the no bs reports are eye opening since I have no connection to law enforcement and their trials/tribulations with any platform. Thanks for the insight on how the agency's aren't even getting taken care of.

We are diminished
    <...>
    This. One of the biggest turning points in my shooting career came in the mid-90's when I sold off almost every gun I owned, even my awesome little 10/22, and spent all of that money on learning how to shoot the gun I kept loaded by the bedside every night.

It's funny because I just bought a new gun so that I could devote additional funds on training. I made the decision a couple of months back that I wanted to move to 9mm for carry and training purposes because I generally shoot it better and it's considerably less expensive that the .40 I bought when I didn't know any better.

Granted, it's going to take me a while to recoup the ~$560 I spent after taxes, but in the long term I see it being a positive purchase.

If someone does not have an adequate firearm or previously selected some unwisely, then they will likely need to buy a couple of good ones, along with selling off any firearms that are no longer serving their needs.

I have gotten rid of all my Berettas, Glocks in calibers other than 9 mm, Hi-Powers, HK's, Sigs, 3rd gen S&W's, K and L frames, and most of my 1911's as they no longer served my shooting needs and were just taking up space.

User Tag List