Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 Extractor Woes

I tried a number of things with mine and no luck. Mine seemed to behave for awhile (200-1000rds) and when I thought I had it fixed it would just fall apart. Between shipping, ammo for testing and getting some parts on my own (LCI #3#4,pre-LCI&spring bearing) it's been complete disaster. Still love my other Glocks but I gave up on my problem child finally.

Hope you have better luck with yours.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I have somewhat high hopes for the H.R.E.D part....
    I don't have enough rounds through my gen4 G19 with the HRED part yet, but things have been perfect for the 395 rounds I've put through it so far. On a couple of occasions I've just pointed at the berm and watched the brass ejecting for a mag or two, and so far ejection is extremely consistent. Too early to draw any definite conclusions, but promising so far. It'll be really interesting to see how the HRED work for you.

Site Supporter
    Swapping out my recoil spring (ISMI 18#) made the biggest difference, for me. It ran great for almost a 2000 round challenge, then lost it again. Failures started to crop up every 150 rounds after that.

So, I wouldn't get your hopes up for one long stretch of goodness.

Wayne,

This is the same part you asked me about last weekend;

Also I've been running this (http://www.whitesounddefense.com/pro....E.D.-9mm.html).....

Site Supporter
    tpd223,

I figured it was. I've already ordered a couple and hope they solve the problem. The most maddening thing about all of this is that Glock 9mm pistols have been the gold standard in durability and reliability for over 20 years and NOW they quit working? That is just UNSAT! Sometimes "progress" ain't progress at all.

Wayne
    Last edited by Wayne Dobbs; 05-19-2011 at 01:15 PM.

I concur with your assessment.

My G19 just started to up and choke on me after a couple thousand rounds, normally that many rounds without a failure means you are GTG, apparently not any longer.

I suspect, with little proof, that Glock has let the QC on small parts slide, possibly due to outsourcing them. I can see cheap springs crapping out much quicker, which would cause some of the issues that I am seeing.

Fully agree with what Wayne Dobbs and tpd223 stated above--it is a sad day indeed when one can no longer trust a new 3rd gen 9 mm Glock to work without problems.

Glock has apparently joined Kimber and Sig in ruining previously good, reliable pistol designs in order to squeeze a few dollars more profit on each sale. I would much rather see manufacturers who feel the need to increase profit raise their prices, rather than reduce quality, reliability, and durability. If S&W pulled it's corporate head out of its rectum, they could dominate the LE market, yet it continues to appear that S&W's corporate "leadership" is inexplicably intent on destroying all the goodwill and market share that S&W's superb LE reps have tried to generate for the company. Makes HK's and custom 1911 start to look good...

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Fully agree with what Wayne Dobbs and tpd223 stated above--it is a sad day indeed when one can no longer trust a new 3rd gen 9 mm Glock to work without problems.

Glock has apparently joined Kimber and Sig in ruining previously good, reliable pistol designs in order to squeeze a few dollars more profit on each sale. I would much rather see manufacturers who feel the need to increase profit raise their prices, rather than reduce quality, reliability, and durability. If S&W pulled it's corporate head out of its rectum, they could dominate the LE market, yet it continues to appear that S&W's corporate "leadership" is inexplicably intent on destroying all the goodwill and market share that S&W's superb LE reps have tried to generate for the company. Makes HK's and custom 1911 start to look good...
    I wouldn't necessarily compare them to Sig or Kimber in strategy. Problems are coming from Glock in Austria acts as an overlord to Glock USA, which makes it hard for the guys here to get stuff done. Also, the guys here are kept in the dark on a lot until after the fact on changes to parts, revisions, etc. I do know that they're trying to fix the fleas. It's not that they don't want to, it's just a difficult process.

Does it make the guns that aren't working better? No. But I wouldn't write them off as the next Sig just yet. It seems everyone is going through some growing pains right now.

I wouldn't write Glock off just yet...but I have yet to understand why Glock decided to change the guide rod/spring from the Gen 3 version. It was working just fine. Understandably they needed to change the G-22 because it was having issues. Honestly, you couldn't sell me a Gen 4 right now due to these problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Garner View Post
    I have yet to understand why Glock decided to change the guide rod/spring from the Gen 3 version. It was working just fine. Understandably they needed to change the G-22 because it was having issues.
    It was all about parts interchangeability and cost savings.
    #RESIST

User Tag List