Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M&P Maintenance

M&P Maintenance

What are the recommended maintenance intervals for the M&P series? I'm over 5000 on one of mine and had saw else where that there were several parts to replace at this point.

Site Supporter
    I replace the recoil spring at 5K intervals.

After a few breakages, I've started replacing the APEX DCAEK trigger spring at 5K too.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    After a few breakages, I've started replacing the APEX DCAEK trigger spring at 5K too.
    Are you seeing the APEX spring, the factory spring, or both breaking? I'm still factory except for the sights.

JV & myself have broken Apex trigger springs at varying intervals in our 9mm M&P's. Swapping the recoil spring assy and triggers springs at the 5k mark is cheap insurance.

Site Supporter
    How often do you guys replace the Firing Pin spring? (As a side note, I haven't detail stripped an M&P, can you replace just the firing pin, or do you need to replace the whole assembly?)

Just noticed it wasn't mentioned.

I'd think that you'd replace all the springs every 5-10k.

I replace my recoil spring every 1,000-2,000 in my 1911 (I'm starting to think more and more that I've been wasting my time), I figured I'll replace the MSH spring at about 5k, and Firing pin spring at that point as well.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    How often do you guys replace the Firing Pin spring?
    I haven't, yet. I may do it at 15K with the sear spring. I don't have any good data points on when it's necessary, except my (and German's) lack of issues with it.

You can just replace the spring.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    I haven't, yet. I may do it at 15K with the sear spring. I don't have any good data points on when it's necessary, except my (and German's) lack of issues with it.

You can just replace the spring.
    Gotcha, thanks.

Will a M&P run if shooting from reset with a broken trigger spring the way a Glock will?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    Will a M&P run if shooting from reset with a broken trigger spring the way a Glock will?
    If you have an Apex RAM.

I e-mailed SW from the web site asking spring change intervals, and where they would recommend sending the gun for said maintenance----back to SW or from a list of approved armorers.

I finally received an e-mail that said all I would ever !!! ever need is maybe a recoil spring.

Cool, says I. What a durable pistol!!!

User Tag List