Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Glock 19 Extractor Woes

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    A buddy at Glock just sent me a text message in response to this question. He said that they do not advise using a gen4 trigger housing in earlier generation guns. According to him, there are potential reliability and safety concerns. Don't do it.
    Understood. Next range visit I will try the new Gen 3 Trigger housing with 336 ejector I ordered just to see if it changes anything. Wanted to try one of the Lone Wolf Trigger housings, but they were out of stock at the time.

I freakin' give up! Once again my G34 ruined my match. I have tried every combination in my parts bin to make this thing run. I'm done.

I am going to call Glock and send it back to them. If they can't make it work I'm going to shoot it with a 240B.

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieB View Post
    I freakin' give up! Once again my G34 ruined my match. I have tried every combination in my parts bin to make this thing run. I'm done.

I am going to call Glock and send it back to them. If they can't make it work I'm going to shoot it with a 240B.
    If you decide to do that, I'll be your camera man and you have to let me finish out whatever is left on the belt after the target is gone. I miss the 240B, a superb weapon.

I remember seeing somewhere (possibly here?) where a guy who was having problems with several extractors in his 9mm Glock tried a .40 extractor for the hell of it and it ended up working flawlessly. Anyone ever pursue that any farther?

I think I have given up too.

This last range session today was unsuccessful in shaking out my G17. Tried a newer Gen 3 trigger housing that came with a 336 Ejector, Lone Wolf LCI Extractor and HRED spring. On the 29th round had a vertical stovepipe. Was also having weak ejection and getting nailed in the forehead with brass.

That's three stovepipes in 700 rounds, weak ejection and constantly getting nailed in the forehead with brass.

Guess it is time to send it off to Glock, but who knows if that will help.

I fixed the problem once and for all...

A friend sent me a "D" prefix serial# G34 with less that 3K rounds through it that shoots straight and actually runs! So far so good!

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieB View Post
    I fixed the problem once and for all...

A friend sent me a "D" prefix serial# G34 with less that 3K rounds through it that shoots straight and actually runs! So far so good!
    Is that suppose to make me feel better?

Quote Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
    Is that suppose to make me feel better?
    Sorry man... My other G34 doesn't run at all.. bums me out. I hope Glock can work some magic.

Quote Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
    I think I have given up too.

This last range session today was unsuccessful in shaking out my G17. Tried a newer Gen 3 trigger housing that came with a 336 Ejector, Lone Wolf LCI Extractor and HRED spring. On the 29th round had a vertical stovepipe. Was also having weak ejection and getting nailed in the forehead with brass.

That's three stovepipes in 700 rounds, weak ejection and constantly getting nailed in the forehead with brass.

Guess it is time to send it off to Glock, but who knows if that will help.
    Ordered a Gen 4 Lone Wolf Trigger Housing because it came with a 30274 Ejector. Installed it in my Gen 3 Trigger Housing. I was also using the WhiteSound HRED Spring and a Glock dip extractor.

I didn't have much time at the range but put 150 rounds through it with no brass to the face or head. There is still an occasional weak ejection, but everything seemed to be ejecting at about 4 o'clock.

So my sample size of one is getting a little better.

User Tag List