Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Do you Train for Reality?

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by tomrkba View Post
    You're just figuring this out now?
    There's no need for the attitude. You may wish to check our Code of Conduct and the section on SMEs in particular. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    There's no need for the attitude. You may wish to check our Code of Conduct and the section on SMEs in particular. Thank you.
    He knows it is friendly in the Bacon Forum sort of way. Everyone here (and at the other forum) knows he will rip through his practice drills, get pointers when necessary and do just fine in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    There's a contest?

I was agreeing with you; just pointing out that I hadn't seen one here in Indy or in the 'burbs. For all I know, you get out Lawrence County way and it looks like an arms bazaar in the Khyber pass. Maybe y'all just cover up when you go to the shops in Edinburgh so as not to spook the people from Illinois...
    I'm just kidd'n around a little.

I carried concealed for 35 years or so, all the years I had a job. I been retired a few years now and decided a while back I just don't care if any one likes it or not. Low and behold I don't think any even noticed for the most part. I hardly ever go to Indianapolis any more but I do open carry a lot up there to depending on where I'm planning to go. I was at the Deer and Turkey show Thursday and wore my IWB Bianchi for my 1911 and a flannel shirt. I thought they would have up those prohibit signs but I don't think it would have mattered at all. I wouldn't hesitate to wear it OWB today with the same cloths if I went back today.

My main point for the thread is yes I do train for reality. I open carry 99% of the time so I train with the same open carry holster and same weapon I carry. I think what I'm doing for what I consider training is probably at most about 50% similar to what I'm seeing other talk about here. I'm new to the pistol INSTRUCTOR world, old to guns. Yet I'm still evolving what I like and do for my own training.
    Last edited by Jack Ryan; 02-22-2014 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tomrkba View Post
    He knows it is friendly in the Bacon Forum sort of way. Everyone here (and at the other forum) knows he will rip through his practice drills, get pointers when necessary and do just fine in a few months.
    I took it in jest -- I did however crush a certain someone at KTSG, who now won't talk to me.

Also goal before 2015 is the FAST coin.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

User Tag List