Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hands Separating During Recoil Problem

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    SLG, I wasn't protecting anybody's copyrights; this was intended as an illustration that technique is well accepted in serious shooting circles..
    No worries, I didn't think otherwise:-) In a full class (multi day) I try to give as much credit as I can, if only so people can learn the history of something (which Todd will tell you I'm somewhat fanatical about). On the internet, I just hate typing, so I sometimes leave things out for brevity.

On that note, if I ever seem to be wrong about something, it's only because I was tired of typing, not actually wrong;-)

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    LAV gives the same advice re pectoral muscles involvement, crediting it to Leatham.

On a separate note, I've been using Captains of Crush grippers to build up grip strength. The package came in containing a bunch of stuff, including a little booklet with an interview with Bob Vogel. Apparently, he trains with CoC grippers, starting with 2.5 and going higher.
    I am not an advanced physical specimen, but not a handicapped person either. I do general resistance training 3-4 times a week. I can't get 2.0 grippers to start moving. I don't have 1.5, but Trainer and 1.0 is all I need to get myself challenged, especially weak hand.
    Puts a notion of adequate grip strength in a different prospective, doesn't it?
    Jesus, I have trouble with the 1...
    "I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine." - Bertrand Russell

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    the history of something (which Todd will tell you I'm somewhat fanatical about).
    Very true. I cannot even guess how many times I've been talking to SLG and he's told me that some new thing I started doing or just learned actually began with the guy who taught Jack Weaver how to hold a pistol...

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Very true. I cannot even guess how many times I've been talking to SLG and he's told me that some new thing I started doing or just learned actually began with the guy who taught Jack Weaver how to hold a pistol...
    Cool! It would be interesting to see something like a family tree of pistol TTPs.

I came here a couple of days ago to post this very question, as I noticed my support hand sliding forward on the pistol. I found this thread followed the advice and VIOLA! Tried it last night, and with good results. Thanks much.

User Tag List