Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: After 4 Years North Carolina is dropping the M&P.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Hey Todd-Long-term Gen4 G31 test?? Just sayin'.....
    I would absolutely love to test a G31 (or P229) in 357 SIG but ammo cost & availability makes it untenable. If only we could convince HK to make a P30 in 357!

I talked to a Trooper this morning that I've known for 20 years. The replacement M&P's they received are indeed having problems. The first batch of 'replacements' worked great...but they were all put together by hand by 'smiths'. The second batch was not and have issues. It looks like Sig is probably getting some business and the price tag is... crazy. Good thing they have asset forfeiture money.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    It looks like Sig is probably getting some business and the price tag is... crazy.
    My dept got our Glocks for free. I told that to a friend who deals in Sigs and HKs and he said "well it's good that you're betting your life on a free gun".

Well if they dropped the Sig for the M&P I wouldn't have expected Sig to bend over backward for them now that they're experiencing troubles with the M&P.

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    Well if they dropped the Sig for the M&P I wouldn't have expected Sig to bend over backward for them now that they're experiencing troubles with the M&P.
    Oh, they're not. When I said 'crazy' I meant astronomical...If the figure I was told is correct..

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    I'd expect the opposite. I'd expect Sig to tell them, "I told you so.", by offering to take them back .... with a high price tag. The fact the NCHP would want to go back to something they left once already might indicate they are willing to take their lumps.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Oh, they're not. When I said 'crazy' I meant astronomical...If the figure I was told is correct..

That's what I meant. Kinda like don't expect any favors this time around.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    I'd expect the opposite. I'd expect Sig to tell them, "I told you so.", by offering to take them back .... with a high price tag. The fact the NCHP would want to go back to something they left once already might indicate they are willing to take their lumps.
    Without knowing any of the facts, I can only speculate. But if Smith got the old SIGs in exchange when they sold NCHP the M&P357 guns, those used SIGs are probably worth more than the used M&P357s that SIG will now get in trade. Add to that the actual increased price of a SIG over an M&P and it's not hard to understand how the deal, overall, could be a lot more expensive.

As for other motives, I can't speak for SIG but I'd be pretty surprised if anyone there was taking a "toldyaso!" hard line. Getting a state agency to adopt your gun is a big deal. Getting them to come back to you after ditching your gun is much, much bigger. I'd imagine everyone at SIG knows it's very much in their best interest to recover NCHP as a customer. That doesn't mean they will give away guns for free, but I bet it is keeping the price down even if it doesn't appear that way to outside observers.

Or, I could be completely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Without knowing any of the facts, I can only speculate. But if Smith got the old SIGs in exchange when they sold NCHP the M&P357 guns, those used SIGs are probably worth more than the used M&P357s that SIG will now get in trade. Add to that the actual increased price of a SIG over an M&P and it's not hard to understand how the deal, overall, could be a lot more expensive.

As for other motives, I can't speak for SIG but I'd be pretty surprised if anyone there was taking a "toldyaso!" hard line. Getting a state agency to adopt your gun is a big deal. Getting them to come back to you after ditching your gun is much, much bigger. I'd imagine everyone at SIG knows it's very much in their best interest to recover NCHP as a customer. That doesn't mean they will give away guns for free, but I bet it is keeping the price down even if it doesn't appear that way to outside observers.

Or, I could be completely wrong.

I Concur.

I've not heard of systemic problems (extraction?) in M&Ps previously. What is so special about .357 Sig that they're not working?

User Tag List