Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Snub Ammo: FBI load or Short Barrel Gold Dots

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    how does that Corbon load compare to the 135gr +P Gold Dot in terms of felt recoil?.
    My subjective experience of having shot both the DPX and the Gold Dots out of a 442 J-frame is that the DPX recoils noticeably less.

I love the Barnes 110 Tac-XP loaded to standard pressure--it is my favorite load for J-frames.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    Other pluses of the DPX round are relatively low recoil and pointy bullets that make reloading easier.
    Very true.

I carry the 110gr DPX or 130gr. Win Rangers in my all stainless 640 and the 148gr full wad cutter from Black-Hills in my scandium 360.
    The DPX is way impressive in "Tactical Jell-O".
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I bought a bunch of the PDX1 .38 rounds to try, several of them are compressed loads that I am unwilling to risk shooting, and there appears to be two different types of primers in the ammo I have, within the same box that is. Good idea that has QC issues in my experience so far.

I prefer the Cor-Bon DPX 110gr.+P.
    US Navy Veteran
    1961-1965

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    Thanks for finding this.

Have any of you done the bullet-pulling test with those 110gr +Ps? Especially in really lightweight, like <13oz. revolvers?

Asking because lightweight bullets with +P ammo seems to be the worst for this. If you don't know what I'm talking about, the fear is that the recoil of the gun will cause the rounds still in the gun to pull the bullets out, which can lock up the action.

Try this; load 5 rounds, and fire 3 of them. Remove the remaining two rounds and compare OAL to fresh ammo. Fire the 4th, and do the same. It should be clear if it is happening or not.

This is something you should try with your snub regardless of the ammo you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchMan View Post
    Have any of you done the bullet-pulling test with those 110gr +Ps? Especially in really lightweight, like <13oz. revolvers?
    Yes.
    No issues in my 13oz scandium 360.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List