Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trauma Kit Giveaway: 3 Prizes

Trauma Kit Giveaway: 3 Prizes

The Scoop

A while back when we were chatting about the Boston bombing, I encouraged people to get medical training in whatever they could. Some members, like RoyGBiv, have gone through great lengths to organize training. I figured I could up the ante a little, and provide an incentive as well!

From today, August 15th, until September 30th, anyone who provides proof of enrolling in a medical course can submit such as a ticket in a trauma kit giveaway lottery! This should give everyone enough time to look around at training, make arrangements, ect. The training can be next week, or it could be 6 months from now. Your proof can just be a screenshot of the registration, confirmation email, ect sent to me here on Pistol-Forum.com or posted right in this thread if you'd prefer. If you have trouble and would like to send it via email, please do PM me for my email address (I'm leery about posting it up publicly).

I'm not the thought police or medical course registration enforcement agency. If you deceitfully sign up for training just to get entered into the contest and then cancel, shame on you. Karma is a bitch. I don't imagine this forum's membership would have a problem with such, however!

Winners will be selected by throwing your names into a box, shaking it, and then selecting 3 names from the box.

Rules

1) You must have been a forum member by August 15th. This will protect our membership from fly-by-nighters.

2) All legitimate medical courses count, except continuing education/refreshers for professional rescuers. Taking continuing ed/refreshers is already our responsibility as professional rescuers, so we shouldn't be eligible for an incentive. However, initial professional rescuer courses (EMT, Emergency Medical Responder, CPR/BLS for the Professional Rescuer, ect) will count. If this giveaway provides enough incentive for you to become a professional rescuer, then you definitely deserve a shot!

3) As many courses as you sign up for will count for additional tickets in the lottery. Sign up for 3 courses, you get 3 tickets and a greater chance of winning, however you may only win one prize.

4) I asked ToddG about this a few days ago, and have his blessing. As far as I know, I'm the one drawing the names and shipping to the winners. So, forum staff, SMEs, ect are all invited to participate! If you're not a very active member, you can still participate. Not everyone is a talkative socialite, and that's okay!

The Kits
    1st Prize:
    [IMG][/IMG]

This is a basic, new condition trauma kit. It will come with the pictured bag in "Rescue Red," easily identifiable for bystanders to grab for you if needed. When everyone these days has tactical colored range gear, I think it's important to make the first aid kits easily recognizable from such. This kit should be a reasonable enough size to put in your rangebag, strap to your bag using molle webbing, leave in your trunk, in the office, ect. There's enough room on the inside, as well as molle webbing on the outside, to add your choice of hemostatic agent and tourniquet. Contains the following:

-1 28fr NPA with surgilube
    -2 4x4 Gauze packages
    -2 abdominal Pads
    -2 elastic bandages similar to Ace wraps
    -2 3" rolls of gauze
    -1 North American Rescue 4.5"x4.1yd compressed gauze
    -1 cravat/triangular bandage
    -2 pairs of nitrile gloves (choose your size)
    -1 pocket sized CPR kit
    -A few yards of Gecko tape (it's like duct-tape, but mo'better)
    -Emergency space blanket for a minimal amount of treatment for shock
    -1 trauma shear

2nd and 3rd Prize:

Each will receive one pocket sized CPR kit, and one new/sealed Adventure Medical Kit's "Trauma Pack with Quickclot," which contains the following:

-1 Bandage, Conforming Gauze, 3"
    -1 Dressing, Gauze, Sterile, 2" x 2", Pkg./2
    -1 Dressing, Gauze, Sterile, 4" x 4", Pkg./2
    -1 Gloves, Nitrile (Pair), Hand Wipe
    -1 QuikClot Sport 25g
    -1 Trauma Pad, 5" x 9"
    -1 Duct Tape, 2" x 26"
    -1 Bandage, Triangular
    -4 After Cuts & Scrapes Antiseptic Wipe

Let the games begin......
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

What a kind and thoughtful thing for you to do. It's much appreciated.

If you do not mind me asking, where did you obtain that red first aid kit bag? I do like it's conspicuous appearance, and would like to buy one for my own range trips.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

If you do not mind me asking, where did you obtain that red first aid kit bag? I do like it's conspicuous appearance, and would like to buy one for my own range trips.

Thanks again.
    Voodoo Tactical. Elite First Aid also sells el-cheapo first aid kits built on Voopoo Tactical bags. I personally have the Trauma Kit #1 in rescue red for my range bag, with shears and a SOF-TW tourniquet stuck on the outside using a BlueForce Gear "Tourniquet NOW!" elastic widget.

The bags are not London Bridge quality....but I find them well built enough for sitting in a range bag. Certainly stronger construction than most commercial first aid kits, including the ever so popular nylon Adventure Medical Kits. I really dig the organization of the #1, it's pretty much what I could ask for...the one pictured is just an open general-purpose type construction, however.

Thanks very much for the info, and the quick response. I actually have an old Unit One that has clearly seen better days. Probably time for an upgrade.

Plus the red stands out, compared to the grubby old green thing.

Nice work TGS. I might have to cram some room in this September for a class.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Nice work TGS. I might have to cram some room in this September for a class.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    If it gets you out from in front of pixels, I'll donate an IFAK + SOF-T just for you.

..........only slightly used...............
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

I took a Dark Angel Medical class last weekend. Any love, even though it was a week early?

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

" You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late. "
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by PT Doc View Post
    I took a Dark Angel Medical class last weekend. Any love, even though it was a week early?

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2
    I'd love to help ya out, but the idea is for this to be an incentive to go get training, or get more training, wink wink .

Keep in mind, guys, this isn't just for shooting oriented stuff. Are you a scuba diver? Then, as a technical diver with a few hundred decompression, wreck penetrations and cave dives under my belt, I'd highly suggest looking at DAN's offerings. If you're an adventurer, how about looking at wilderness offerings from places like NOLS or SOLO? Those are certainly useful for our hunters on the forum that spend days at a time in the mountains, or even people who snow-board/ski at resorts....even at resorts, you're a long way from help when you break your leg at the base of a mountain and ski patrol doesn't snatch you up! These are just some ideas to get your brain going beyond the usual CPR or range specific things we commonly think of.

Very generous of you. Thank you!

User Tag List