Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Loading .45

Quote Originally Posted by 223AI View Post
    Now i know why 1911's need to be run a little wet, and a little cleaner than my G-locks. 100 through it tonight with no malf's. I'll clean it before this match, and then try to run it through a 1k challenge. I...I just can't bring myself to do the 2k challenge ...yet.
    Yep. They like their lube and aren't nearly as forgiving as a Glock. Gotta stay on top of 'em.

I think my old CQB could do the 2K challenge as long as I fired jacketed ammo. Lead lube gums up the chamber after about 300 rounds or so. Things get a little iffy from then on.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    WST, eh? How does it compare to Win231?
    Its a bit quicker-burning than 231. Watch for pressure signs if you're loading "hot". I only use 3.5, with 110gr JHP bullets that I got a deal on (and have a ton of), to make bunny fart loads for practice with my 13oz J frame.

If I was loading a lot of mid-range or hotter .38s, I'd prefer 231.

I prefer WST in the semi-auto cartridges because it seems to burn cleaner than anything else but VV. And I choose not to mortgage my grandchildren to pay for quantities of VV....

User Tag List