Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P Bar-Sto Barrel from Apex Tactical preview pic

Cool M&P Bar-Sto Barrel from Apex Tactical preview pic

Can't wait.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Well, the M&P is truly the modern 1911 in at least one sense - you take it out of the box and then replace all the parts before you shoot it!

Todd's test gun proves that not all M&P 9mm's have accuracy problems

That test gun was also made around 3 years ago...word is, certain things have changed, in terms of production.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    That test gun was also made around 3 years ago...word is, certain things have changed, in terms of production.
    The early unlocking problem is not a new one, but that may not be the sole cause of the accuracy problems in the M&P.
    Last edited by JV_; 05-16-2011 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Well, the M&P is truly the modern 1911 in at least one sense - you take it out of the box and then replace all the parts before you shoot it!

Well at least the M&P works out of the box, none of the parts are required for function.

I do believe, if the numbers I have heard are correct, that I will eventually have about a G17's worth of parts in one M&P though.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    The early unlocking problem is not a new one, but that may not be the sole cause of the accuracy problems in the M&P.
    Randy Lee saw the ability of them to change the twist if needed from the 1:18.75 to a friendlier 1:16, but that does not mean they are going to across the board anytime soon. He also witnessed changes to the hood on some barrels but was this for production or T&E?

fuse, I know you're pro-glock and anti-M&P as you've posted on other boards, but this isn't the place for that kind of nonsense.

True enough, but try that M&P 9 on steel at 25 and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Well at least the M&P works out of the box, none of the parts are required for function.

I do believe, if the numbers I have heard are correct, that I will eventually have about a G17's worth of parts in one M&P though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    Randy Lee saw the ability of them to change the twist if needed from the 1:18.75 to a friendlier 1:16, but that does not mean they are going to across the board anytime soon. He also witnessed changes to the hood on some barrels but was this for production or T&E?

fuse, I know you're pro-glock and anti-M&P as you've posted on other boards, but this isn't the place for that kind of nonsense.
    I'm not really pro or anti anything. It would seem the m&p and Glock are fighting over the title of 'plastic 1911' these days.

I have read various rumblings on other boards of the quality of the barrels themselves going way down in recent times.

The m&p with threaded barrel kit is a great example. how can they afford to sell it at that price? Unless they are losing money on each unit. Or they have figured out how to do things much, much cheaper.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

User Tag List