Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frickin' Frangibles!

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN

Frickin' Frangibles!

Ran some Precision Ammunition "Fire Frangible" rounds through the M&P 357 today. What grain weight? Good question; that information wasn't included on the adhesive label on the box flap.

I'm guessing they were light-for-caliber because accuracy was dismal.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I've seen frangible slugs smack forcing cones and begin the fragmentation process there. Multiple holes appear in the target.

Who needs a Judge?
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

7yrds is awful short to see inadequate stability.

It is enough to see huge groups (patterns?) due to cg/cm issues.

We had a real problem with one lot of 5.56 frangible. Broken and backwards loaded projectiles and key holes. I suspect some did not make it down range. The new lot we have seems to be working much better.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    We had a real problem with one lot of 5.56 frangible. Broken and backwards loaded projectiles and key holes. I suspect some did not make it down range. The new lot we have seems to be working much better.

Those are fine, they're from Dynamic Tactical's new line of 5.56 wadcutters.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Those are fine, they're from Dynamic Tactical's new line of 5.56 wadcutters.
    I saw some at the LGS, but they wouldn't sell to me because I left my VIPR badge at home.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Ran some Precision Ammunition "Fire Frangible" rounds through the M&P 357 today. What grain weight? Good question; that information wasn't included on the adhesive label on the box flap.

I'm guessing they were light-for-caliber because accuracy was dismal.

Other than the load above. Has your pistol been grouping well.
    I know its a gamble buying the M&P 9mm.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Other than the load above. Has your pistol been grouping well.
    I know its a gamble buying the M&P 9mm.
    You did note that this is an M&P 357 to which I'm referring? In any case, I've only fired the gun at seven yards thus far.

(Of my two M&P 9s, one seems fine and the other is only good for about 8" at 25yds w/std velocity FMJ.)
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Don't know from accuracy, but had a Glock rep tell me that some frangible ammo in use was eroding breechfaces.
    We had an instructor transfer in from FLETC whose 23 had a pretty chewed up striker nose, but the breechface was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sotex View Post
    Don't know from accuracy, but had a Glock rep tell me that some frangible ammo in use was eroding breechfaces.
    We had an instructor transfer in from FLETC whose 23 had a pretty chewed up striker nose, but the breechface was fine.
    A butter soft slide, with a super hard but thin finish is the culprit, not the ammo.

Especially the non toxic DDMP priming compounds.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

User Tag List