Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home brew Hackathorn Sights?

Home brew Hackathorn Sights?

As of earlier today I have been unable to find Hackathorn sights for a G19 online. Brownells had them for large frame Glocks, but none for the standard frame. I have shot with them in the past and know they are what have worked best for me of the sights I've currently tried. Looking on brownells it looked like I could buy a front post and rear sight individually and, I would think, come out with the same parts, save a few bucks even. My main question is to the height I should buy for the front and rear to best replicate the Hackathorn sights. If someone knows where to find Hackathorns in stock, thatd be great, and if this idea is off base that'd be good to know too.

I've been lurking for a while, and have soaked up many ideas and drills that have already shown improvement in my shooting. Looking forward to learning more from everyone here.

-Greg

Quote Originally Posted by North Ga Hillbilly View Post
    As of earlier today I have been unable to find Hackathorn sights for a G19 online. Brownells had them for large frame Glocks, but none for the standard frame. I have shot with them in the past and know they are what have worked best for me of the sights I've currently tried. Looking on brownells it looked like I could buy a front post and rear sight individually and, I would think, come out with the same parts, save a few bucks even. My main question is to the height I should buy for the front and rear to best replicate the Hackathorn sights. If someone knows where to find Hackathorns in stock, thatd be great, and if this idea is off base that'd be good to know too.

I've been lurking for a while, and have soaked up many ideas and drills that have already shown improvement in my shooting. Looking forward to learning more from everyone here.

-Greg
    GL-433:

http://www.opticsplanet.com/ameriglo...or-glocks.html

That was quick, I greatly appreciate it.

-Greg

I highly recommend ordering them. I have a set on a Gen4 19 and they are excellent.

I have a Warren front sight that I have painted orange. Despite trying numerous shades and clear coats from the craft store I can't get it to "pop" like the Ameriglo sight does. The orange paint they use has a certain retina burning look right the f*** here quality that I can't replicate.

I may have a set I can sell to you for less than new. I will check this weekend and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by North Ga Hillbilly View Post

-Greg
    They are a bit more expensive but Dawsonville Gun (mega store) stocks (and installs for you free) Trijicon HD sights. Similar to the Hack sight. I've owned both, prefer the HD but they are similar.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Shooter View Post
    I may have a set I can sell to you for less than new. I will check this weekend and let you know.
    I'd be interested if he doesn't want them.
    #RESIST

Unless I'm missing something Ameriglo shows the set to be out of stock, but the individual front and rear as available (GL-212-ORC and GL-405L).

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    They are a bit more expensive but Dawsonville Gun (mega store) stocks (and installs for you free) Trijicon HD sights. Similar to the Hack sight. I've owned both, prefer the HD but they are similar.
    What do you like better about the HDs?
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Site Supporter
    U-notch or rear tritium?

User Tag List