Thread: "safe" serial number ranges

"safe" serial number ranges

I've search the forum over for a bit and didn't find a post addressing this please excuse me if I missed it and point me to it.

Is there a post or site giving dates or serial number ranges of "no qc issue" pistols? nothing exact but something along those lines.

Like 9mm Glocks, series, 1, 2, and 3 to x date, and gen 4 after x date? like Q1 '13 would be more than enough information.

Sig 226/228 9mm West German/German pistol to x date etc US built until x date or even as close as a year would be helpful.

I'm know that's a very open ended question and open to interpretation of what a no qc issue pistol is but such a post would save me a lot of time when looking at used, or new pistol purchases. It's not that there wouldn't be an issue with any of those pistols as well just a lower chance of inadvertently buying a "known bad specimen". I figured if any group of shooters would know it would be the group here.

Thanks.

With the Sig

I wouldn't count the SIG SS Slide a quality issue at all ! Matter of fact I think its a good thing.

I bought a Sig P229 40cal in 4-98 German frame and USA SS Slide. Ive had good luck with this pistol.

2005 was the start of the problem.

I think certain models are GTG today. like the MK25 .P239 , P229 40cal with original extractor.

I'm not sold on the M11 A1 yet but who knows maybe it will prove itself down the road.

Looking at the Sig website facts the other day and noted that there service pistols are held to 2.5 inches at 10Yards ??

Has this always been the case with non target sigs? My gut says no.

User Tag List