Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coloring your front sight

These new Trijicons look cool:
    http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produc...t1.php?id=HDNS

I normally use fingernail polish....I know but it seems to hold up pretty well. Also you can mix up some bright colors by combining bright yellow and white with red. Every year I usually have to reapply it to the ramp on my 642.

Site Supporter
    I won't mind knowing some of the front sight dimensions that sight, it looks to be as wide as the factory Glock sight.

Site Supporter
    FWIW: I've seen posts on other forums saying it's a:

.144" Front
    .169" Rear Notch

I also use finger nail polish. Most finger nail polishes are designed, in theory, to be chip resistant. Not that I'm an expert on finger nail polishes mind you. I would assume that you get what you pay for when choosing a quality brand nail polish. Wives or girl friends may be able to help here.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    JohnO High Visibility Front Sight

I've used both the tape and the paint. The paint is far easier to apply (especially if you have a serrated front sight). I use first a white paint pen for a base coat, then after it dries I apply two coats of orange. A toothpick helps keep the tritium dot clear.

ETA: photo

I did something similar. I really like the hackathorn/ameriglo sights but they don't make them for the P30 so I took some XS dot sights and painted the front circle orange with an orange sharpie paint pen.

S/F

Quote Originally Posted by boyscoutg36 View Post
    These new Trijicons look cool:
    http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produc...t1.php?id=HDNS

I normally use fingernail polish....I know but it seems to hold up pretty well. Also you can mix up some bright colors by combining bright yellow and white with red. Every year I usually have to reapply it to the ramp on my 642.
    I really wish those rears were muted yellow or amber... still look worthwhile, though.

I use the tape method as suggested on pistol-training.com.
    http://pistol-training.com/articles/...ty-front-sight

It takes a bit of practice to get it right the first time but after that the learning curve flattens out.
    You can get the punch set at Michaels' Crafts.

Paint pens...

I tried painting the front heinie sight on my glock awhile back, didn't work out so well with a brush, maybe next time I will try using a paint pen.

Question, do you guys scrape the paint out of the tritium insert after it drys or while you apply it?
    Chemist.

Quote Originally Posted by willowofwisp View Post
    I tried painting the front heinie sight on my glock awhile back, didn't work out so well with a brush, maybe next time I will try using a paint pen.

Question, do you guys scrape the paint out of the tritium insert after it drys or while you apply it?
    I've never managed to get any paint in the tritium insert. Just got to have a steady hand.

User Tag List