Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coloring your front sight

Yes, S&W told me I was on my own, essentially, in regards to the Warren Front Sight. Scott did replace it free of charge, though. S&W DID send me a 100% brand new M&P 45 after I buggered up the frame and sent the weapon in for repair.

Wow, really?

I guess this should probably be a separate thread, but as Todd alluded to I know multiple individuals who experienced that issue both with the PTC gun and other later model M&P full-size and compacts. I'm pretty sure S&W took care of everyone I can think of...

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    I'm going to give a fluorescent orange airbrush paint (using a precision brush) and a heat gun. We'll see how that works.
    Details?

Wow, really?

I guess this should probably be a separate thread, but as Todd alluded to I know multiple individuals who experienced that issue both with the PTC gun and other later model M&P full-size and compacts. I'm pretty sure S&W took care of everyone I can think of...
    Mine were Warrens purchased from SKD and they did the same. To my knowledge, of the 4 M&P's with Warrens you are aware of, there have been 6 tubes that have fallen out.

On topic: I love sharpie paint pen thus far. Easy to apply, lasts a good while.

Not a precision airbrush - sorry - simply a precision (very fine) hobby paint brush.

Not a precision airbrush - sorry - simply a precision (very fine) hobby paint brush.
    Yours?

Yeah, I bought it at the same time I bought the paint.

I don't paint mine but has anyone tried engine paint? You would assume it would work better with high temps and chemicals than normal enamel.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I don't paint mine but has anyone tried engine paint? You would assume it would work better with high temps and chemicals than normal enamel.
    Adhesion and application are of greater concern.

Borrowing my post from elsewhere,
    I used this paint from the Hobby Lobby plastic scale model aisle-it says fluorescent red but it turns out very orange:

And found these nifty little micro applicators that were very slick for applying the paint precisely:

I really like the way these turned out:

(small pics are clickable)

I use a Sharpie paint pen that I found in a arts, and crafts store. It's cheap, and expedient. Turned out quite well on my Warrens. Also use them to label my mags.

User Tag List