Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who carries a snubby?

I know that rabbit, he's got a mean streak a mile wide!

A vorpal bunny!

I have an old 642 w/CT grips in my left pocket whether on or off duty. When S&W came out recently with the no-lock versions I got one to keep as a spare.
    Once in a while I carry a Ruger SP101 in .357.

.22 isn't going to help you with the bunnies. You need the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.
    "Take the message to Garcia."

I frequently carry a 642-2 no-lock with CTC grips and Speer 135gr +P Gold Dots in either an Alessi APX, Kramer pocket holster, or Renegade ankle holster. The APX works wonderfully with the J-frame. When I carry spare ammo it is in either a Safariland speedloader or Bianchi Speed Strips.

My trusty Smith & Wesson 642 goes pretty much wherever I go. Sometimes it's a primary, sometimes it's a BUG, sometimes it's just a long for the ride. I have owned a lot of guns over the years but there are few that I am more attached to than this j-frame. I use a Blackhawk Speed Classic for OWB and a DeSantis Nemesis for pocket carry. My carry ammo is Speer Short Barrel 125gr +P. Of course I always take a long a couple speed strips as well.

I used to carry my father's old 442 with Corbon DPX. When I got a good holster and was able to carry my USPc even in the Florida summers, I stopped carrying the J frame.

Now it's a training tool, mostly. I dry-fired that heavy DA trigger a few thousand times over the course of a couple of months. I recently got a 6" 617 that's even better for dry-fire trigger pulls. I still do dummy drills with the 442 every couple of weeks - it really helps me learn to "accept the recoil" instead of fighting it.

As for killer bunnies, the established TTP is as follows. The count shall be to three, and three is the number of the counting. Four is too many, and five is right out. Two is too few, unless thou shalt then proceed to three. And if (when!) all else fails - run away!

I carry a 642 quite often in the spring, due to my activities.
    I run the Werner set up and short barrel 125 or 135 gr. ammo from Speer.

Site Supporter
    I carry a lasergripped 442 in a Smartcarry while running and occasionally as a BUG in my front left pocket. For ammo, I use either the Speer 135 +p Gold Dot or the standard pressure Buffalo Bore full wadcutter.

I carry S&W 442 with CT laser grips as my BUG on/off work. Using Federal Hydra Shok or Remington Golden Saber JHP loads. It's carried in a 5Shot Leather ankle rig with a spare speed strip at work. Away from work it's carried in the ankle rig or in an Uncle Mikes pocket holster pulling BUG duty.

User Tag List