Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who carries a snubby?

I carry a S/W 940, 9mm!, Centennial stainless steel snub in my pocket most of the time in the summer. Here in FL it is hot most of the year and pocket carry in shorts works well since cover garment is usually a light tee-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandapani View Post
    I carry a S/W 940, 9mm!, Centennial stainless steel snub in my pocket most of the time in the summer. Here in FL it is hot most of the year and pocket carry in shorts works well since cover garment is usually a light tee-shirt.
    Dam I'm jealous!

I carry a 642 at home in a don hume pocket holster with a speed strip when primary is in the safe. The gun shoots awesome but I need to find a 9mm j frame due to my hate for having to stock multiple calibers. I was hoping S&W would bring back the 940 but I may have to start checking gun broker.

I carry a Ruger SP101 .357 AIWB around the house when I do yard work. It doesn't sit so low in my waistband that I can't bend over, climb a ladder or crawl under my truck to change the oil. I have it loaded with 125 gr GoldDots and carry it in an old leather IWB no name brand holster I found at a gun show.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    S&W discontinued the 9mm revolvers some time ago as they were plagued by extraction problems. I searched for one for the longest time, but to no avail. The 9mm revolvers that are out there are generally commanding collector grade prices.

I would welcome new S&W 9mm revolvers.

642 with CT grip in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster. It is my primary carry most of the time these days.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

Site Supporter
    A S&W 637 (with a bobbed hammer) is a constant companion. It is loaded with 135 gr Gold Dots. After trying an assortment of pocket holsters, I settled on a Desantis Nemesis.

I'm in complete agreement that Crimson Trace grips are a worthwhile addition.

I carry one of a few .38 J frames that I own on a daily basis. My use for the J frame is as a BUG.

My favorite and most carried snubs are my S&W 642s. I vary between Cor Bon DPX and the 135gr Gold Dot for carry ammo.

Each of my guns has a CT laser grip.

I bought a S&W 317 a few years ago as a .22 training tool for my snubbies, a role at which it excels, but it is so lightweight and handy that I have been known to be carrying it when I am in the woods, just in case I am attacked by a rabbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennzoil View Post
    Dam I'm jealous!
    .... but I need to find a 9mm j frame due to my hate for having to stock multiple calibers. I was hoping S&W would bring back the 940 but I may have to start checking gun broker.

I used to have a 940. Two trips back to S&W later it still had severe extraction issues. S&W eventually admitted they could not fix the gun and I ended up with a 642 instead.

This issue with the 940s was very common, and one reason why they quit making that model.

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    I bought a S&W 317 a few years ago as a .22 training tool for my snubbies, a role at which it excels, but it is so lightweight and handy that I have been known to be carrying it when I am in the woods, just in case I am attacked by a rabbit.

We are diminished
    You mock the death of Sir Gawain? Total societal collapse cannot be far behind.

Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

User Tag List