Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Who carries a snubby?

642 w/action job by Nelson Ford (the man really knows how to make a J-frame trigger better) and LG405 grips (IMHO, a must-have for the J-frame. Even without the laser, they make shooting it a lot more comfortable, which means you will practice more). Makes a great BUG.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff22
    I always thought the 3 inch J frames balanced better and looked cooler . . .
    Oh, me too! But...

For my use, a 3" steel J-frame is neither fish nor fowl. It's just a tiny bit too long and heavy for me to easily carry it in the pocket or in an ankle rig, and if I'm going to carry in a belt holster, I'm just going to step up to the 3" K-frame.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I shot my 317 today. 100 rounds of CCI AR Tactical ammo. That is some good stuff. 100 rounds with no misfires. The gun has a lightened mainspring and bobbed hammer so can be a little finicky about ammo.
    When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

Quote Originally Posted by HeadHunter View Post
    I shot my 317 today. 100 rounds of CCI AR Tactical ammo. That is some good stuff. 100 rounds with no misfires. The gun has a lightened mainspring and bobbed hammer so can be a little finicky about ammo.
    I'll look into that. I ran a bunch of the Winchester M-22 stuff through my 22/45 on my last range trip and had four or five FTF's out of 100ish rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Oh, me too! But...

For my use, a 3" steel J-frame is neither fish nor fowl. It's just a tiny bit too long and heavy for me to easily carry it in the pocket or in an ankle rig, and if I'm going to carry in a belt holster, I'm just going to step up to the 3" K-frame.

I concur.

I had a 3" 36 for awhile, didn't carry any better than a 3" 65 and certainly did not shoot as well. Sold that gun when I had a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by HeadHunter View Post
    How does that ammo work from the OMG, Taurus, or the other semi-autos you work with?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I'll look into that. I ran a bunch of the Winchester M-22 stuff through my 22/45 on my last range trip and had four or five FTF's out of 100ish rounds.
    I tried the M-22 and had the same results as you. Maybe my Bersa will like it but the 317 and Berettas don't.
    When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    How does that ammo work from the OMG, Taurus, or the other semi-autos you work with?
    It works flawlessly in the OMG. About 150 yesterday through 2 Berettas without a hitch. I haven't tried it in any of the others yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    I concur.

I had a 3" 36 for awhile, didn't carry any better than a 3" 65 and certainly did not shoot as well. Sold that gun when I had a chance.
    Yup, I '86ed my Liebenberg-era PC640 for the same reason. I wasn't going to carry it, and I don't collect Smiths made of soulless steel anymore.

User Tag List