Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: 2,000 Round Challenge

S&W M&9 FS

Pistol: Smith & Wesson M&P 9
    Caliber: 9mm
    Ammunition: S&B 115gr, American Eagle 124gr, Hornady Critical Defense 115gr, Speer Gold Dot 124 +P, Speer Gold Dot 147gr, Federal HST 124 +P
    Dates of testing: Jan 15-March 26, 2012
    Total rounds fired: 2,018
    Stoppages: 0
    Malfunctions: 0
    Breakages: 0

This is the first pistol I have ever purchased. I have shot pistols before, but not even close to the volume that I am shooting this pistol. This S&W was purchased NIB in January with a test fire date of December 2011 (can't remember the exact day). Based on my limited experience and obvious lack of ability I will refrain from passing judgement on 25 yard accuracy. I can confirm that it functions every time I pull the trigger, at least so far.

I look forward to many trouble free rounds.

Pistol: Glock Gen 4 G34
    Ammunition: PMC 115gr FMJ, Winchester 147gr FMJ, Reloaded 130PF 147gr FMJ, Federal HST 124gr +P JHP
    Dates of testing: 03/21/12 - 04/04/12
    Total rounds fired: 2,032
    Stoppages: 4

Comments:
    Gun was intially run with a full Ghost Rocket trigger kit and Warren Sevigny Competition Sights (FO), and a dab of Froglube paste on the striker. At about 1,700 rounds I swapped the stock striker spring back in to up the pull weight, and make the break crisper.

The first stoppage was a FTE while shooting bench rested, very weak grip, with my low PF 147gr reloads. Case never fully left chamber. Next two stoppages were stovepipes with the same ammuntion, shooting WHO. Last stoppage was a light primer strike with PMC 115gr, which fired upon next chambering.

I'm fairly happy with how the gun performed. Granted, zero stoppages would have been fantastic, but I can link three of the stoppages to very lightly loaded ammuntion and limp wristing. The last stoppage I cannot account for. I have heard some reports of high primers on PMC, so I might have seated it with the first strike.

Have to say, appears I got a really good barrel. Shot a 1" group at 25 yards with the Federal HST.
    Last edited by vecdran; 04-06-2012 at 12:08 PM.
    JP Visual Design

Quote Originally Posted by vecdran View Post
    Have to say, appears I got a really good barrel. Shot a 1" group at 25 yards with the Federal HST.
    Woof! That's what I'm talkin' bout.

I've only got around 350 through my G34 G4 but I've had 4 failure to lock backs. Every single one of them my fault for riding the slide release. Once I get my grip ironed out (I don't always ride it) I'll give the 2k challenge a shot.

This gun is meshing well with me. When I'm not honking on the trigger like a retard, doubles at 7yds are holding within about a four inch group for me, ~.18-.20 splits. I have been trying to attain that kind of accuracy at full speed with my P30L for a very long time.
    JP Visual Design

Quote Originally Posted by vecdran View Post
    Pistol: Glock Gen 4 G34
    Ammunition: PMC 115gr FMJ, Winchester 147gr FMJ, Reloaded 130PF 147gr FMJ, Federal HST 124gr +P JHP
    Dates of testing: 03/21/12 - 04/04/12
    Total rounds fired: 2,032
    Stoppages: 4

Comments:
    Gun was intially run with a full Ghost Rocket trigger kit and Warren Sevigny Competition Sights (FO), and a dab of Froglube paste on the striker. At about 1,700 rounds I swapped the stock striker spring back in to up the pull weight, and make the break crisper.

The first stoppage was a FTE while shooting bench rested, very weak grip, with my low PF 147gr reloads. Case never fully left chamber. Next two stoppages were stovepipes with the same ammuntion, shooting WHO. Last stoppage was a light primer strike with PMC 115gr, which fired upon next chambering.

I'm fairly happy with how the gun performed. Granted, zero stoppages would have been fantastic, but I can link three of the stoppages to very lightly loaded ammuntion and limp wristing. The last stoppage I cannot account for. I have heard some reports of high primers on PMC, so I might have seated it with the first strike.

DAYIM!!! And here I was day dreaming of someday getting a match grade barrel fitted to a G34 to get to that level!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Pistol: CZ-75B Omega
    Caliber: 9x19mm
    Ammunition: Tula 115 gr., RWS 124 gr., Winchester NATO 124 gr., Federal Champion 115 gr., WWB 115 gr., Winchester Ranger Bonded "ZRA9B" 147 gr., Winchester Ranger Bonded "RA9B" 147 gr., Reloads - 125 gr. LRN on 4 gr. of Bullseye
    Total rounds fired: 2,017

Comments: Prior to starting this test the pistol had roughly 2000 rounds through it. The only problems experienced in those rounds were a squib and light primer strikes on Tula using a 13lb hammer spring. Re-installing the stock spring alleviated the light primer strikes. I intended to continue the test, but was forced to clean the pistol when while carrying it became submerged in brackish water and remained wet for several hours, resulting in light rust on worn surfaces. The pistol still functions flawlessly in the several hundred rounds fired since. On a somewhat related note the ammunition in the gun at the time, Winchester Ranger Bonded, still worked fine afterward.

To aim and hit, you need one eye only, and one good finger.

Magen VeLo Yera'e

Pistol: FN FNS-9
    Caliber: 9x19mm
    Ammunition: Winchester White Box 115gr, Sellier & Bellot 115gr, GECO 124gr, Aguila 124gr, Remington UMC 115gr, Tulammo 115gr, Federal Range Ammo 115gr, Speer Lawman 147gr
    Dates of Testing: February 2012 - April 20, 2012
    Total Rounds Fired: 2050

Comments:

No drama

Site Supporter
    Pistol: Sig 226
    Ammunition: (2570) Reloads, (100) AE 124g
    Dates of testing: 3/2-4/22
    Total rounds fired: 2670
    Stoppages: 3 Failures to Lock Back (Shooter Induced), 2 Failures to Fully Seat Mag / Holstered Reload (Shooter Induced).

Pistol: Walther PPQ
    Caliber: 9x19
    Ammunition: 115 grain CCI Blazer.
    Dates of Testing: 3/19/12 - 4/18/12
    Total Rounds Fired: 4,717.

Gun functioned perfectly.
    http://thedownzerojourney.wordpress.com/

Site Supporter
    Pistol: Gen4 Glock 26 ( Gen4 G17 trigger bar, Ghost Tactical 5.0 Connector with fitted TCT, Vickers Slide Release, Glockmeister Frame Plug, Vickers Gen4 Mag Catch (added during challenge), Ameriglo sights ( ProGlo front, Plain Black .165' rear, polished internals
    Caliber:9mm
    Ammo: Federal Champion 115gr FMJ, WWB 115gr FMJ, Speer Lawman 115gr FMJ, Winchester Ranger T 127gr +p+
    Dates:11/1/2011-4/1/2012
    Total Rounds: 2,650
    Stoppages:3, all three were FTRTB with Federal Champion
    Malfunctions:0
    Breakages:0

Comments: This is my primary carry gun in the summer. It had a little over 1,500 rounds through it before I started this challenge and my own better record keeping. All 3 failures were in my opinion ammo related as the weaker Federal Champion failed to fully cycle the slide. All 3 were from the same 100 round box.

User Tag List