Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: 2,000 Round Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Pistol: Lone Wolf Timberwolf
    Caliber: 9mm
    Ammunition: PMC 115gr FMJ, Fiocchi 158gr FMJ, Ranger 147gr JHP, BVAC 115gr FMJ, Federal 147gr FMJ, SBR 158gr FMJ, BVAC 124gr JHP
    Dates of testing: 7/12/2011 - 7/28/2011
    Total rounds fired: 2,226

Stoppages: 0
    Malfunctions: 0
    Breakages: 0

The Lone Wolf Timberwolf isn't so much a gun as it's a Glock in Wolf's clothing. It's a frame that's designed to mimic most of the things people have done to their Glocks, like beavertails, grip reductions, and undercutting the trigger guard. The gun I have is a Lone Wolf T-Wolf frame, slide, and barrel filled full of Glock parts and some aftermarket parts like the guide rod/recoil spring set up.

A few things I've noticed with the Timberwolf: fit and lockup on this gun are not as tight as they are on my factory stock Glock 34, consequently the factory 34 is more accurate. The best "accuracy" combo I've gotten was to put my factory Glock slide on the Timberwolf frame with the Lone Wolf barrel; that produced about 2 inch groups at 25 yards with Federal 147 grain FMJ. Interesting note: the factory Glock barrel will not fit in the Lone Wolf slide, but the Lone Wolf barrel will fit the Glock slide. The best group I've been able to pull with the Lone Wolf parts from a rest has been 4 inches at 25 yards with SBR 158gr FMJ.
    Interesting update to this: after firing 2850 rounds without an issue; the Timberwolf suddenly started to experience some devastating FTEs that would lead to a double-feed type malf. The fired case would stick in the chamber and the gun would try to feed another round. In the last 763 rounds I've had four FTEs of the same type. What's interesting is I switched ammo; I have about 2000 rounds of 9mm that's "factory" on once fired brass. The initial 2800 rounds were all fired using factory ammo on virgin brass from the companies listed above. To see if it was the ammo, I tried the reloads in my factory Glock 34 and sure enough, 200 rounds or so in I had the exact same FTE. But with that in mind, I'll probably stick to factory ammo on virgin brass from now on in the 'Wolf.

Pistol: Glock 19 Gen 3
    Caliber: 9mm
    Ammunition: 115 gr WWB, 147 gr HP WWB, 115 gr Rem UMC, 147 gr Federal HST
    Dates of testing: 04/01/11 - 08/08/11
    Total rounds fired: 4352
    Stoppages: 0
    Malfunctions: 0
    Breakages: 0

Comments:
    Pistol wasn't cleaned or lubed after purchase. It has the gen 4-style extractor. No problems aside from a sore forehead, from being regularly pelted with brass between the 2nd and 3rd thousand rounds. Fired 1455 rounds with TLR-2, 2502 with x300, and 395 with Viridian C5L.

Here Goes

I keep perpetually stalking this forum and Todd's blog, so I figured I might as well have a go with this.

Glock 19 Gen4, purchased ~March 2010. 04 spring from factory, as well as the original connector. Still haven't gotten the Dot yet.

Total accumulated rounds fired 4700 at this point. 2700 rounds previously fired, all problem free. For the purposes of this test:

RF: 2000
    Dates: May 2011-August 2011. Was cleaned and lightly lubed about 500 rounds prior to the start of the challenge. Was not cleaned or lubed upon purchase.

Rounds used:
    Range Ammo: Mostly Win 9mm 124 gr NATO, mixed with some PMC 115 Gr and S&B 115 gr. I have deliberately avoided lower class Federal and Winchester offerings after being dissatisfied with their QC.
    Duty Ammo: 1000 rounds 124 gr +p Speer GD, my carry ammo, and 200 rnds 115 gr Corbon DPX.

Stoppages: Zero
    Malfs: zero
    Breakages: zero

Comments: No other problems. Love the gun and I will be picking up another as a spare in the future. Accuracy is superb and recoil control is excellent. A few instances of weak ejection here and there with the PMC and S&B range ammos, with 2 casings hitting me on the head of all 4700 fired. The Duty ammo used has performed flawlessly; ejection is strong and to the right at about 3:30. I have made no modifications to the gun other than night sights. I will be adding the dot connector as soon as my supplier has them in stock.

Glock 19, Gen 3. Smooth G17 trigger, first 1000 - regular connector, second 1000 - OEM "-" connector.

Dates: Jun 25-Aug 25, 2011.

Round count: 2000, PMC and Blazer 115 gr in equal share.

Zero problems of any kind.

Special notes: gun has been lubed once during 2000 challenge test; total round count of 11488 with single breakage of slide stop spring.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Special notes: gun has been lubed once during 2000 challenge test;
    Then technically, it wasn't the 2,000 Round Challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Then technically, it wasn't the 2,000 Round Challenge.
    Todd, my dyslexia is acting up. The gun was lubed with XM-7 grease before the challenge started but no lube was applied during the 2000 round course.

We are diminished
    Then technically, it's fine.

Do we report repeat performers, or one per same pistol is enough?

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Do we report repeat performers, or one per same pistol is enough?
    I've always just done one per pistol. Otherwise, I'd be reporting every 10-15 days.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I'd be reporting every 10-15 days.
    I'm so jealous right now.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

User Tag List