Magtech 115 grain
    S&B 115 grain
    Armscor 115 grain
    Fiocchi 115 grain
    MEN 124 grain

Dates of testing: 6-9/2018

Total rounds fired: 2905

Stoppages:

3 FTEject held slide open. Closed on empty round when I dropped mag Speer Lawman 115
    1 Stovepipe Speer Lawman 115 grain.

2 FTLBE last 300 rounds.

Malfunctions:0

Breakages:0

The LTT Elite pistol was generally a delight to shoot. I consider it very reliable and accurate, however, around the 800 round mark it choked four times, all on Speer Lawman 115 grain ammunition. I ran it another 2000 rounds after that with different ammunition and had no problems. It would be interesting to re try the Speer 115 grain after this break in to see if it is still problematic.

Toward the end of the test it failed to lock back once in an old surplus mag, and once on a fresh 18 round Mecgar. No oil in 2900 rounds is probably the culprit.
    Thank you for posting this. I am very interested in your experiences with this gun as I am a huge Beretta fan and will likely (hopefully) be picking one of these up some time in 2019.
    Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Hammertime
    Pistol: Glock 48

Caliber: 9mm

Ammunition:
    S&B 115 grain FMJ
    Magtech 115 grain FMJ
    Fiocchi 115 grain FMJ
    PMC Bronze 115 grain FMJ
    Speer Lawman 124 grain FMJ
    American Eagle 147 grain FMJ
    American Eagle 115 grain FMJ
    S&B 124 grain FMJ
    Magtech 124 grain FMJ
    Armscor 115 grain FMJ
    Winchester NATO 124 grain FMJ
    Fiocchi 124 grain FMJ
    MEN 124 grain FMJ
    Federal HST 147 grain JHP
    Barnaul White box 115 grain FMJ
    Wolf Polyformance 115 grain FMJ
    Brown Bear 115 grain FMJ
    Blazer Brass 147 grain FMJ

Dates of testing: 1-2/2019

Total rounds fired: 2031

Stoppages:
    1 squib failed to cycle slide S&B 115 grain FMJ
    4 light strikes 124 Magtech right after SCD install.
    2 light strikes Winchester NATO 124

Malfunctions: none

Breakages: none

The gun generally performed well, but had bad luck with ammo. I am not at all sure what caused the light primers but suspect it is due to the slide being slightly out of battery due to round shape or debris in the chamber. Either way it went another 600 rounds after the last light primer including hundreds of steel cases without any difficulty.

It ejects amazingly well. I think it is an extremely good to go design.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Pistol: Glock 48

Ammunition:
    S&B 115 grain FMJ
    Magtech 115 grain FMJ
    Fiocchi 115 grain FMJ
    PMC Bronze 115 grain FMJ
    Speer Lawman 124 grain FMJ
    S&B 124 grain FMJ
    Magtech 124 grain FMJ
    Armscor 115 grain FMJ
    Fiocchi 124 grain FMJ
    MEN 124 grain FMJ
    Federal HST 147 grain JHP
    Barnaul White box 115 grain FMJ
    Wolf Polyformance 115 grain FMJ
    Brown Bear 115 grain FMJ

Dates of testing: 1-2/2019

Total rounds fired: 2031

Stoppages:
    1 squib failed to cycle slide S&B 115 grain FMJ
    4 light strikes 124 Magtech right after SCD install.
    2 light strikes Winchester NATO 124

Malfunctions: none

Breakages: none

The gun generally performed well, but had bad luck with ammo. I am not at all sure what caused the light primers but suspect it is due to the slide being slightly out of battery due to round shape or debris in the chamber. Either way it went another 600 rounds after the last light primer including hundreds of steel cases without any difficulty.

It ejects amazingly well. I think it is an extremely good to go design.
    Another great one, thanks Enel.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Restarting 2000 round challenge - Beretta / Wilson Combat 92G Compact Carry

This is probably against protocol, but I was having so many light strikes that I decided to install the Langdon Tactical trigger job in a bag with 14# hammer spring. Got everything installed, cleaned up, and will be headed to the range to begin a new 2000 round challenge now that the new parts are installed.
    Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Site Supporter
    Pistol: HK P30 V3
    Caliber: 9x19 mm
    Ammunition: 124 gr American Eagle, 115 gr Aguila, 115 gr S&B, 115 gr Blazer Brass
    Dates of Testing: June 1, 2018 - February 24, 2019
    Total Rounds Fired: 2000 across 16 separate range trips (14 of which were between Thanksgiving and the end of the challenge)
    Stoppages
    - fault of the gun: 0
    - fault of the ammo: 1 (failure to return to battery while shooting 115 gr Aguila; round would not chamber despite repeated attempts)
    - fault of the shooter: ~15 (all were failures to lock slide back on an empty mag resulting from contact of my thumb with the slide release lever)
    Malfunctions: 0
    Breakages: 0

Notes and Observations:
    - Pistol was old stock that was purchased as new in May, 2018. I think the manufacture date was 2013. I did not expect to put this pistol through the 2,000 round challenge, so I did not clean or lube the pistol prior to start. I'd never even really wanted a P30 but I found this one for a really good price on Gunbroker.
    - Ejection with this pistol was very good (barring the Blazer Brass ammo) right up to the end of the test. Sometimes the Glocks seem to feel sluggish when they get close to 2,000 rounds, but that could be because of the ammo.
    - This is the first pistol that is not a Glock 19 that I've put through the 2,000 round challenge and also the first non-Glock centerfire pistol I've ever put more than 1,000 rounds through. I really, really like this pistol and am thinking about getting a AIWB holster for it and carrying it. I'll probably switch back to Glocks for a couple of months and then decide. I shoot this pistol more accurately than my Glocks, but I'm a little slower (~0.2 seconds) getting my first shot off. The DA trigger pull may be slowing me down. However, all my work from the holster with this pistol was with a Safariland ALS holster carried at ~3:00, so it's not fair to directly compare to a G19 drawn from AIWB. If I decide to carry it, I'll definitely buy a short slide release lever to help fix my thumb problem. The only other problem is that I'm still throwing the first shot on occasion. This problem seems to becoming less frequent though.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    - Ejection with this pistol was very good (barring the Blazer Brass ammo)
    Not to derail, but for what it's worth, Blazer Brass has always been very anemic and inaccurate ammunition in my Glocks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Not to derail, but for what it's worth, Blazer Brass has always been very anemic and inaccurate ammunition in my Glocks.
    I've not shot a lot of it, but I didn't have high expectations when I bought this case. It was very cheap (as long as my rebate comes through). For this 2,0000 round challenge, only rounds 1901-1950 were Blazer Brass. A couple of these empty cases ejected back toward my face but with not enough velocity to reach my face. Rounds 1951-2000 (and most of the total rounds fired) were S&B 115, and all of them ejected nicely to the right.

Hammertime

2,000 Round Challenge

Pistol: Gen 3 G26

Ammunition: PPU 115 grain
    Magtech 115 grain FMJ
    Fiocchi 115 grain FMJ
    Fiocchi 124 grain FMJ
    Magtech 124 grain FMJ
    Brown Bear 115 grain FMJ
    Barnaul White Box 115 grain FMJ
    Silver Bear 115 grain FMJ
    S&B 124 grain FMJ
    S&B 115 grain FMJ
    Wolf poly 115 grain
    Wolf Mil Spec lacquer 115 grain
    Blazer Brass 115 grain
    Lawman 115 grain
    Blazer Brass 124 grain FMJ
    MEN NATO 124 grain FMJ

Dates of testing: 2-3/2019

Total rounds fired: 2060

Stoppages: 1 unlit primer Wolf Polyformance fired second strike.

This is the gun Glock made its reputation on. Superb little shooter that goes and goes, no drama. I was able to trip it up with some Wolf, but I ran 250 rounds of steel with only a single malfunction. It won’t eject for crap without a magazine in it, but it doesn’t matter.

I also used a bunch of Magpul GL9 magazines for this test. They had been loaded a couple years prior to start. They seemed to function fine, but racking the slide on a full mag was a little more difficult.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 03-06-2019 at 06:45 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Pistol: HK P30 V3
    Caliber: 9x19 mm
    Ammunition: 124 gr American Eagle, 115 gr Aguila, 115 gr S&B, 115 gr Blazer Brass
    Dates of Testing: June 1, 2018 - February 24, 2019
    Total Rounds Fired: 2000 across 16 separate range trips (14 of which were between Thanksgiving and the end of the challenge)
    Stoppages
    - fault of the gun: 0
    - fault of the ammo: 1 (failure to return to battery while shooting 115 gr Aguila; round would not chamber despite repeated attempts)
    - fault of the shooter: ~15 (all were failures to lock slide back on an empty mag resulting from contact of my thumb with the slide release lever)

Notes and Observations:
    - Pistol was old stock that was purchased as new in May, 2018. I think the manufacture date was 2013. I did not expect to put this pistol through the 2,000 round challenge, so I did not clean or lube the pistol prior to start. I'd never even really wanted a P30 but I found this one for a really good price on Gunbroker.
    - Ejection with this pistol was very good (barring the Blazer Brass ammo) right up to the end of the test. Sometimes the Glocks seem to feel sluggish when they get close to 2,000 rounds, but that could be because of the ammo.
    - This is the first pistol that is not a Glock 19 that I've put through the 2,000 round challenge and also the first non-Glock centerfire pistol I've ever put more than 1,000 rounds through. I really, really like this pistol and am thinking about getting a AIWB holster for it and carrying it. I'll probably switch back to Glocks for a couple of months and then decide. I shoot this pistol more accurately than my Glocks, but I'm a little slower (~0.2 seconds) getting my first shot off. The DA trigger pull may be slowing me down. However, all my work from the holster with this pistol was with a Safariland ALS holster carried at ~3:00, so it's not fair to directly compare to a G19 drawn from AIWB. If I decide to carry it, I'll definitely buy a short slide release lever to help fix my thumb problem. The only other problem is that I'm still throwing the first shot on occasion. This problem seems to becoming less frequent though.
    Addendum: I installed the short slide release lever on this pistol and shot another 200 rounds through it without any cleaning or lubrication. During the course of the final 200 rounds, the pistol had zero stoppages, zero malfunctions, and zero breakages. I think the short lever is definitely an improvement.

The standard slide release is too long for my big hands, and I replaced it with the short one on my V1 P30, which fixed the issue 99.9% of the time. I noticed last weekend that on two occasions during a slide lock reload, when I slammed the new mag in, I hit it hard enough that the slide just went forward without me hitting the paddle, or gripping the slide. That’s never happened with the long lever, so...?
    Last edited by Sauer Koch; 03-24-2019 at 09:22 PM.

User Tag List