Pistol: Glock 43
    Caliber: 9mm
    Ammunition: Freedom Munitions 115 grain
    Dates of testing: 11-04-2015 12-13-2015
    Total rounds fired: 2000+
    Stoppages: 0
    Malfunctions: 0
    Breakages: 0
    Modifications to the pistol: All mods were done before the test started.

Before the test started I added a set of Meprolight night sights and a ghost connector. I also polished the internals. I cleaned and lubricated the gun generously with Wilson Combat lube.

I expected to induce malfunctions though inadvertently holding down the slide lock like I do on my shield, but that never happened. I only used the two magazines that came with the gun, and I probably used the one with the pinkie extension 70 percent of the time.

I wasn’t sure how accurate this gun could be at first, but I was quickly surprised by how well it shot past 20 yards.

I never had a single malfunction. I never had to mess with it.
    If you're not going to learn to use the front sight properly, don't bother with it. If pointing the gun, screaming "Ahhhhh!" and cranking on the trigger is all you can learn to do, work on doing that safely. -ToddG

Pistol: Colt XSE 1911
    Caliber: 45 ACP
    Ammunition: 230 gr Blazer Brass FMJ
    Dates of testing: 12/4 - 12/19
    Total rounds fired: 2,000

Comments:
    Lube used was Wilson Ultima Lube (grease) on rails and barrel hood, Breakfree CLP elsewhere. I used 3 Tripp Cobramag 8 rounders for the duration of the test.
    The only real issue encountered was due to the sharp edges on the Colt... after 2k down the pipe in a couple of weeks, the web of my strong hand has a hell of a blister.

Filthy gun shot:
    Last edited by jkb4c; 12-19-2015 at 09:20 PM.

Pistol: Walther PPQ M2 5"
    Ammunition: 100 rounds 124grn +P Speer Gold Dot HP. 100 rounds 124grn Gold Dot Standard Pressure, 1800 rounds hand loads consisting of 125grn RNL cast bullet and 4.2 grains of Titegroup Powder, both CCI and Winchester primers used.
    Dates of testing: Nov. 3- 2015-Dec. 29 2015
    Rounds: 2,000

Lubed before test with Hoppe's lube oil. No specific reason for lube choice, it was to hand. No further lubrication during test. Sights replaced with a set from Dawson Precision prior to test. No further modifications before or during test.

Last edited by Trooper224; 01-10-2016 at 04:36 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Pistol: Kahr Arms CW9
    Ammunition: 1471 rds Freedom Munitions 115gr; 222 rds Freedom Munitions 124gr; 215 rds Aguila 124gr; lesser amounts of PMC, Geco, Speer, CCI, and Tula
    Dates of testing: 11 Nov 2012 – 10 Nov 2015
    Total rounds fired: 2,084

Stoppages: 4 failures to lock back on empty magazine (all while shooting SHO, where my thumb tends to ride the slide stop).

Modifications to the pistol: Novak rear sight, minor deburring

Comments:
    This CW9 was purchased as a training gun to complement a P9 I use for NPE or suit carry. Basically, it rides in my range bag, and gets shot a limited amount most every range trip. I did not purposefully set out to do a 2,000 round challenge, but inadvertently accomplished it over three years by not maintaining the gun.

After completion of the "official" 2000 round period, the gun fired an additional 209 rounds without cleaning or lubrication before experiencing a FTC stoppage.

When brand new, the gun would not reliably cycle with 115-gr Federal Champion ammo, short stroking 6 times in the first 50 rounds. After the first 50 rounds, the gun ran the same ammo with no problems.
    Name:  IMG_0013.jpg
Views: 1955
Size:  99.6 KB
    Last edited by Dave J; 02-21-2016 at 04:54 PM.

Vending Machine Operator
    Won't lie, for the price point, I'm frankly stunned the Kahr CW9 did that well.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Pistol: Sig Sauer P250C
    Caliber: .380 ACP
    Ammunition: FMJ: TulAmmo, Fiocchi, Magtech, Sig Sauer, Federal, Sellier & Bellot. Also Hornady Critical Defense and Barnes TAC-XPD
    Dates of testing: 11/24/15-3/16/16
    Total rounds fired: 2,002
    Stoppages: 2 (The gun failed to go completely into battery on round #447, slide closed all the way when mag floorplate was tapped. Primer did not light off on the first trigger pull on round #1,578. Fired normally when trigger pulled a second time.)

Comments:
    The recoil spring on this gun is crazy light. Seven pounds?

Name:  slide barrel rsa.jpg
Views: 1811
Size:  93.7 KB
    Last edited by Tamara; 03-17-2016 at 10:22 AM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Tam,

You used such a wide-angle lens on that photo that it appears the slide quite is banana-shaped!

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggerf16 View Post
    Tam,

You used such a wide-angle lens on that photo that it appears the slide quite is banana-shaped!
    Macro on the point & shoot Nikon P7000 has a hard time focusing at anything but the wide angle setting.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I forgot to post this from the Beretta 92D thread...

Pistol: Beretta 92D Centurion
    Caliber: 9MM
    Ammunition: FMJ: 124g American Eagle
    Dates of testing: November 2015 - March 2016
    Total rounds fired: 2,014
    Stoppages: 11 stoppages (2 failures to feed due to a dirty mag and 9 failures of the slide to lock back due to improper grip).

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Pistol: Gen 4 Glock 19
    Caliber: 9x19mm
    Ammunition: FMJ: Wolf 115gr, Magtech 115gr, Brown Bear 115gr, Federal HST 147gr
    Dates of testing: 3/21/16-5/22/16
    Total rounds fired: 2560
    Stoppages: 5 (1 FTE with Magtech when the EDP assembly was improperly installed; 1 FTE with Wolf when the mag was partially unseated; 3x FTFires with Brown Bear that I attribute to hard russian primers)

Comments:
    Gun was bought NIB and shot until round 550; Gen 3 trigger bar + FBI mag catch + new sights then installed. Small amount of lube was applied to the new trigger bar at the same time. The next 2010 rounds were fired without any additional cleaning or lube. Gun was then cleaned thoroughly and will be used as my new EDC pistol. Click for pics of (yet another) dirty glock.

http://imgur.com/a/bP5vm

The 2 failures to extract happened early in testing and do not really worry me - especially the one that occurred with the partially unseated mag. The first FTE I got with the magtech was a little odd, especially because in cleaning it now I found the EDP to be yet again partially disassembled (spring not fully attached to the bar). Swapping it for a spare for the time being, but the gun ran a good 2010 rounds since I re-seated it so not a huge concern either. Only other comment I have is that this gun is extremely accurate - even in my not so great hands I had no problem getting 4" groups at 25 yd. Very happy with it.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 05-22-2016 at 04:22 PM.

User Tag List